NewsMaker is one of Australia's most successful Press Release Distribution companies. We've been providing Press Release Services since 2005 and we have a great track record with online and mainstream Media Coverage.
We make it very easy to choose a Media List that is tailored to each Press Release. Also, you don't need to pay any hefty upfront fees - the system is flexible and easy to use. We can even help you build a list that's right for your press release. Here's how it works - you can also view the full user guide at the foot of the page.
1. Press Release Template
Start by creating an account, then open the Press Release Template by clicking 'Send a Press Release' on the homepage or 'Create a Press Release' in the dropdown under the logo.
Select the Press Release Service Level - Premium means 'online only' including Google News; PR PRO includes premium press release and allows you to select a media list; PR PRO Email only does not include the online press release, so use this for embargoed releases and let us know when you want to publish your presss release online (if at all). Scheduling is builtin.
Complete the Press Release Template - there are features in the toolbar so you can cut and paste from PDFs or word documents.
Edit your press release - bold, italics, bullet points, spacing - any hyperlinks will become dynamic when published. You can even embed images.
- Add Contacts and Newsrooms as you go - these will be stored for your future use.
- Add a profile for any third party - be sure to gain their permission.
- Send yourself a test email and proofread your release.
2. Check your Press Release Links, Proofread
- Ensure you have good catchy words in the headline and first paragraph to attract more readers.
- Upload any media files to support your release (photographs, video, audio, logos and supporting documents).
- Select a media distribution list from our database of 100,000 media contacts - by Category, Type and Region
- Pay for your release using PayPal - just $44 per media category or $33 for nonprofits.
3. We send press releases to your selected Media List and publish your press release online
Your press release will be emailed to your selected media outlets and individual journalists. The NewsMaker system guides you through the process:
- Select Media Subject Categories
- Select Media Types
- Select Media Distribution Regions.
You can edit the media outlets and save your lists for future use and editing.
A NewsMaker editor will review to ensure the release complies with our content and media distribution guidelines.
The more you use NewsMaker, the more time you save, because you can use pre-saved media lists, media contacts and online newsrooms.
- What happens to your press release
- How to write for social media
- How you benefit from keywords
- How to write a Company Boilerplate Profile for your press release
4. What happens to your media release
When you have completed these steps and PayPal has verified your credit card payment, the NewsMaker engine takes over:
- Generates a journalist distribution list
- Distributes your media releases by email
- Publishes your release on the NewsMaker website
Important: Review NewsMaker’s Terms & Conditions before submitting a press release. NewsMaker reserves the right to refuse to publish a release for any reason.
5. How to write a Press Release
Writing a press release suited to search engines and social media is vital to online success. The web and all its communities can take your content to a whole new level – and a whole new audience of potential customers.
These are the new tactics for “social media releases”:
- Send press releases for smaller announcements as well as large ones.
- Write press releases that contain words and phrases that will appeal directly to your buyers.
- Include words and phrases your customers use when they search.
- Create links in releases to deliver potential customers to landing pages on your website
- Make sure your landing pages are relevant to the press release to continue the momentum and guide your customer through the sales process.
- Use the RSS feed in your Newsmaker Newsroom to add your latest news to your email signatures, blogs and social networks.
6. Press release keywords
NewsMaker's innovative system maximises the benefits of keyword search. Media release headlines are displayed on our homepage for 1 or more days. We store your media releases in a highly searchable database so they can be found and listed (indexed) by news aggregation crawlers. This increases the reach of your message to a global audience, as well as to journalists and editors who visit the website or receive news alerts direct to their desktops.
7. How to develop a Boilerplate Company Profile
To ensure you don’t miss critical aspects about your organisation, develop a boilerplate. This is a mini corporate profile that you include at the end of every press release. It usually tells: the organisation’s core values, when and why it was founded, whom it represents, regions of operation, website address. This should be approximately 100-200 words in length.
Email us for more information.