According to a national survey conducted by the University of Sydney in 2006, three out of four adults have been exposed to the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), and may develop cold sore symptoms at some point in their life. Contributing causes including stress, poor diet and exposure to sunlight can trigger a breakout, which can last up to two weeks without treatment. But what is you were able to ward them off before a breakout and be able to treat them naturally and fast if a breakout occurs?
Australian sufferers’ of cold sores now have access to a cutting edge new product with the release of Dynamiclear Rapid into the Australian market. Dynamiclear Rapid is manufactured in a Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP) certified laboratory to Australian and International Safety Standards, with natural products containing no preservatives, no testing conducted on animals and in a world first, it only requires one application, so no need to reapply.
A Holistic Viral Consultant from Global Herbal Supplies believes that lifestyle is a major factor when it comes to cold sores. “By educating people about Cold Sores, and the tools and knowledge that can be used to keep them away, it not only helps to ease the pain and embarrassment but can also help to reduce the incidence of cold sore infections”, she says.
“If a breakout does occur, Dynamiclear Rapid is a natural product made from moisturising plant extracts alongside vitamin E which helps sooth and nourish the skin”, she says.
Before that cold sore gets a chance, learn about the various tools available for you to utilise to help minimise the ugly and sometimes painful effects of cold sores.
Lifestyle Tips to Reduce Cold Sores:
• Avoid supplements or protein shakes that contain added Arginine (an amino acid)
• Reduce Arginine rich foods such as chocolate, oats, nuts and beer
• Eat a diet rich in natural foods; cut down on white and refined sugars, white flour, dairy, processed meat products, alcohol, caffeine, saturated animal fats and foods with additives
• Increase the amounts and variety of raw fruits and vegetables in the diet
• Avoid artificial sweeteners
• Drink lots of quality water every day (at least 6 to 8 glasses). Choose filtered, alkaline water where possible
• Avoid steroid based medications if possible, such as cortisone
• Address hormonal imbalances or underlying health issues
• Reduce alcohol and recreational drug consumption
• Meditation – try to clear the mind and let go of negative emotions and attachments
• Try to avoid getting sunburnt or chaffed lips; use an SPF 15+ sunscreen or lip balm, wear a hat while in the sun and limit excessive UV exposure
• Moisturise your lips regularly to help prevent cracking and dryness
• Topically attack each breakout to help reduce viral population
• Take beneficial supplements to help prevent a cold sore recurrence when needed
Natural Remedies to help ward off a Cold Sore:
Andrographis – this wonder herb can inhibit cold sore virus activity in vitro and improve the level of killer T-helper cells (cells in your immune system that are essential to control cold sores). ?Combine with the herbs Echinacea and Olive Leaf for best results.
Lysine – this is an amino acid that is shown in studies to reduce the frequency of cold sore breakouts and accelerate healing. It does this by naturally restricting another amino acid called Arginine, which the cold sore virus needs to become active.
Broccoli, Cabbage and Brussel Sprouts – these vegetables are naturally high in a compound called indole-3-carbinol (I3C) which clinical studies show may have the potential to interfere with the way the cold sore virus reproduces, so eat plenty of these veges to help keep breakouts away.
Dynamiclear Rapid® – an all natural plant and mineral formulation that is applied externally onto the skin, demonstrated in clinical trials to give fast relief from cold sore symptoms in just one application. Dynamiclear works by penetrating and destroying the DNA of the cold sore virus, thus ‘inactivating’ the virus on contact. Anecdotal evidence suggests that Dynamiclear may also help to reduce the frequency and intensity of recurring symptoms.
Engystol® – this is a homeopathic remedy made by a reputable German brand named Heel. Engystol can be beneficial in strengthening an immune response against the cold sore virus, and may be particularly helpful in persistent cases.
Panax ginseng – if needed can help to counteract the effects of stress, past or present illness, alcohol and other strains on the immune system. This in turn can help to prevent a cold sore.
• Top tips for living a cold sore free life.
• What food to avoid and what foods to eat.
• What to do if a breakout occurs.
• The cold sore free diet.
• Plus cold sore free recipes!
For further information, please contact;
Kate Richards, Affinity Marketing on 0404 892 782