Friday, February 4th, 2011
Real estate franchise LJ Hooker teamed together with Fraser’s in Kings Park and Restaurant and Catering WA last month to raise nearly $140,000 for the victims of the Queensland and Carnavon floods.

The Fraser’s Flood Appeal held at Fraser’s in Kings Park attracted more than 500 people who enjoyed a Cocktail Party and Charity Auction and dug deep into their pockets to raise funds for the flood victims.

Anglicare, the organization who was the conduit for the tax deductible donations, has confirmed that 25% of the funds raised will go to victims of the recent Carnarvon floods in WA’s north-west and that the other 75% will be donated to victims of Queensland’s flooded areas.

Hundreds of people from WA’s real estate industry attended, together with WA’s top chefs, sports people and social identities and philanthropists, including the Fremantle Dockers coach Mark Harvey, West Coast Eagles players Dean Cox and Andrew Embley together with former player David Wirrpanda, and the owner of Hollywood Private Hospital Kevin Cass-Rwall.

“There was an absolute mixture of people, from regular people to WA’s socialites, attended this great event,” Fraser’s Director Chris Taylor said.

At $60 a ticket, the door sales raised $30,000 and the remaining $110,000 was raised from a Charity Auction held on the night, comprising 10 called auction items and 60 silent auction items, and donations.

LJ Hooker City Residential Principal Frank Newton donated the auctioneer, Ollie Viney, and two of the called auction items – a dinner for two with Wallabies wunderkid James O’Connor which sold for $2,500 and golf for three people with Wallabies front rower Matt Dunning, which sold for $1,500. LJ Hooker Willetton Principal Victor Paz took 20 people to the event and then purchased one of the most expensive auction items of the evening – a dinner for 20 and entertainment on the Moonlight Lady boat for $5,100. His colleague Able Cheo purchased a built-in spa for $7,000 from the silent auction.
Another high-selling item was a 3-course boardroom lunch for 20 with two West Coast Eagles stars Dean Cox and Andrew Embley, prepared by three of Perth’s best chefs: Steve Scaffidi (Sentinel), Iain Lawless (Kitsch) and Chris Taylor (Frasers).
Dinner for 10 cooked by gourmet godfather John Maiorana at your home was another popular auction item, whilst Russell Blake from Must Wine Bar donated a luxury weekend for two, dinner for two and cookbooks signed by him.

Contact Profile

LJ Hooker

Founded eighty-two years, LJ Hooker today dominates the real estate industry throughout Australasia. The core business is international real estate franchising with a network of over 700 franchise offices employing more than 6,500 people.
LJ Hooker is widely acknowledged for its leading role in real estate training and technology.

Information about LJ Hooker can be found at
Lyn Cox
P: 0418 793 096


LJ Hooker



More Formats

View QR Code