MarketStudyReport.com adds “Global Portable Ultrasound Devices Market – Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2015 – 2021)” new report to its research database.
The global portable ultrasound devices market was valued at USD 946.5 million in the year 2015 and it is expected to reach a market value of USD 1273.8 million by the year 2021, while growing at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period (2016-2021). In portable ultrasound devices, all the components like analyzer, image processor and generator and the image display are condensed into a single small standalone unit, which weighs around <1-2 to 15-20 pounds. This unit (except in case of Lumify in which the probe is connected to a smartphone) is considered as a portable ultrasound device in this report. The cart-based systems that have components like analyzers separately and are not integrated into a single unit, are not considered.
The new developments in portable ultrasound devices are mainly focused on increasing the ruggedness of the devices, by making them fit for remote use in addition to reducing the cost involved. Due to the introduction of portable ultrasound imaging devices, the spectrum of applications has extended to many areas like emergency medicine, critical care medicine and musculoskeletal. This is primarily to their point-of-care imaging ability. The fact supporting the increased confidence in this technology is the adoption of portable ultrasound devices by United States Army for on-field usage (devices manufactured by Sonosite).
The size of portable ultrasound devices market is increasing due to the increasing spectrum of applications along with increasing confidence in the technology combined with the rapid imaging ability of these devices and the current market situation which is far from reaching plateau. While the high cost of portable ultrasound Systems along with lack of dedicated training programs by companies and the dependency of this market on ambulatory/remote patient care infrastructure in a country are hindering the growth of this market.
In this report, the global portable ultrasound devices market has been segmented on the basis of type of device and the area of application. Based on type of device, this market has been segmented into portable bed side systems, hand carried systems and hand held systems. Based on the area of application, this market has been segmented into traditional areas (further sub segmented into radiology, gynecology and cardiology) of applications and emerging areas (emergency medicine, anesthesiology, critical care medicine and musculoskeletal) of applications.
Based on geography, the global portable ultrasound devices market has been segmented into North America (United States, Canada and Mexico), Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal, Scandinavia, Benelux and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (APAC) (China, Japan, India, Australia & New Zealand, South Korea and Rest of APAC), Middle-East and Africa (MEA) (GCC, South Africa and Rest of MEA), South America (Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America).
Portable ultrasound still being considered an alternative and not as a substitute to conventional ultrasound is the major challenge that this market is currently facing. While no company taking a mass market approach (except Philips Healthcare through Lumify) so far provides a great opportunity for companies that want to do this.
There are several major players that are currently operating in this market and some of them include; Sonosite/Fujifilm, GE Healthcare, Hitachi Healthcare, Fukuda, Mindray, Toshiba Medical Systems, Philips Healthcare, Samsung Medical and Siemens Healthcare.
Key Deliverables of the study
- Market analysis for the Global Portable Ultrasound Devices Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global wearable medical devices market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Inquire more about this report at https://www.marketstudyreport.com/request-for-customization/?search=global-portable-ultrasound-devices-market-growth-trends-forecasts-2015-2021/ .
Connect with us @ [email protected] with subject line and your contact details to purchase this report or get your questions answered. OR Call Us @ +1 866-764-2150
Market Study Report