Opengear (www.opengear.com.au) a leading provider of next-generation console server and remote management solutions, today announced the launch of the Virtual CMS central management appliance (VCMS) - and significant upgrades to their CMS6100 hardware appliances.
These Opengear solutions provide centralized management of thousands of racks or remote sites through one secure appliance. Both the CMS6100 and VCMS have the open source at their core.
"Our VCMS has an embedded Nagios core that monitors all the distributed devices. And the VCMS communications are built on our FIPS certified open source OpenSSH security standards,” said Bob Waldie, Chairman and CEO of Opengear. "The advantage of using these open source building blocks is it enables us to deliver an affordable extensible enterprise class solution."
"Opengear's mission is to deliver open source management appliances and cloud services that simplify control of complex distributed systems and networks. Open source is one technology domain where we have a cluster of lead players here in Australia and our VCMS solution is pioneering affordable secure remote management."
Opengear's central management solution gives control of remote sites where trained operators are unavailable. This innovative solution:
* is now available both in rack mounted (CMS6100) and virtual (VCMS) versions.
* enables remote gear, including equipment without public IP addresses (such as gear behind firewalls or on private or cellar networks) to establish secure SSH tunnels to the central management site.
* offers centralized dashboards to extend the reach of IT experts, reducing on-site service calls. Users can maximize service levels by monitoring, diagnosing and resolving infrastructure problems from anywhere at anytime.
“The new Opengear CMS6100 and VCMS identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems before they affect critical business issues,” Bob Waldie said.
“Most central management solutions are geared towards managed IT and network assets or vertical applications. Our CMS products provide centralized management of a wide range of distributed equipment including servers, network devices, power devices, environmental devices, sensors and industrial controllers. With Opengear CMS, administrators can view the state of and manage disparate assets all from a single screen.”
Launch of the VCMS
The Opengear Virtual CMS (VCMS) is a centralized management appliance that easily loads into VMware or Linux KVM hosts. The Opengear VCMS appliance can be deployed in a cloud hosting service or in a managed server in minutes and provides flexible, centralized control of data center servers, network devices and power, and facilitates the remote management of branch offices and sites where trained operators may be unavailable.
The Opengear VCMS is priced at $1280 for a permanent license plus technical support and auto upgrades for 12 months. More information can be found at www.opengear.com.au/product-vcms.html
Opengear’s new Call-Home functionality, built into the new CMS6100 and VCMS product lines, enables remote sites without public IP addresses to establish secure SSH tunnels to the Opengear CMS. This means remote sites, even when behind firewalls or on private or cellar networks, can be monitored by, and accessed through, the central Opengear CMS.
The Call-Home feature, coupled with Opengear devices at each remote site, provides MSPs with a perfect platform that centrally manages servers, network, communications, power and environmental gear for SMB/SME customers.
Who Benefits from Opengear CMS
Opengear’s CMS is a much more flexible central management solution for a wide range of applications including:
* IT Systems - Network Infrastructure (Server, Storage, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, PBXs)
* Building Automation (HVAC, Fire Safety, Lighting, Access Control, Power)
* Industrial (Process Control, Industrial Automation, Remote Control, Telemetry, M2M)
* Energy (Meters, UPS, Batteries, Solar, Windmills, Generators, Transformers, Fuel Cells)
* Retail (POS Terminals, Cash Registers, Vending Machines, ATMs)
* Transportation (Ships, Vehicles, Tolls, Road Signage)
* Healthcare (Medical Equipment, Telemedicine, Monitors, PDAs)
Opengear Pty Ltd
Opengear (http://www.opengear.com.au) designs and manufactures next-generation console server, power management and KVM over IP solutions for secure remote access and control of network devices such as routers, switches, servers, firewalls, uninterruptible power supplies, power distribution units and environmental monitoring devices in distributed networks. Opengear console servers are installed in more than 10,000 locations around the world. Opengear's open source platform gives network managers and system integrators the most flexible, extensible, console server solution on the market today for serial console ports, service processors, power solutions and environmental monitoring.