The 17th designedge Innovation Festival is underway and will run through to September 30th . This year it boasts a range of forums, workshops and webinars presented by My Business Incubator CYBER SECURITY Training and Mentoring Project in conjunction with Belmont BEC and sponsors.
The Festival allows for participation both in person in Belmont, Western Australia or online for national and global audiences. The events will bring together cyber security experts, global business entrepreneurs, innovators, designers, industry associations and trade councils to ensure audiences are abreast of issues around cyber threats, cyber security awareness and data protection.
The Festival’s online forum will include presentations from a panel of cyber experts including:
- Simon Cohen – Simon is the founder and Managing Director of Cohesis, an IT strategy business helping customers in areas such as cyber security, strategic planning and risk management and software development. Simon has over 20 years’ experience in IT and has held various leadership and governance roles in many organisations including PwC, Thomson Reuters and UBS.
- Nikolay Shmakov – Nikolay is from Res-Q IT Computer Services and has worked as a Solutions Developer and Consultant for businesses across Australia. He has worked as Project Manager in a wide variety of business applications such as business process automation (Ai) and web development.
- Nageswaree Kodai – Nageswaree has a master’s degree in Cyber Security from Edith Cowan University. She has been a lead author and presenter for the 2020 International conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence and has also been involved in the CyberCheckMe project at ECU as a Content Developer.
The online forum will be held on August 18th 12:00pm – 1:00pm (AWST). Every attendee will also receive ‘10 Tips from 1001 eBook’ from the Cyber Security expert presenters.
There are many online webinars that will be presented on cyber security as well as other topics across August:
1001 Business Tips from 101 Cyber IT Experts, Case Studies, Q & A’s – August 18th
- Cyber Security: Protect your internet and use a Secure Connection – August 19th
- Belmont Business ‘Ask a Cyber Expert’ Sundowner – August 25th
- Cyber Security Threats, Protection, Essential 8 Strategies – August 26th
Businesses can also register their interest for online free cyber security mentoring by visiting www.mybusinessincubator.com.au Complete and return the form to receive free access to reliable cyber security assistance.
My Business Incubator CYBER SECURITY Training and Mentoring Project 2021
Belmont BEC | BEC Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1994, providing training and mentoring support services to over 27,000+ individuals in Australia to start or improve their small business and is a specialist in virtual business incubation. Belmont BEC has originated a large range of well-known projects and programs for the benefit of its small business clients that have included the annual Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards, Designedge Innovation Festival, MY Business Incubator Training & Mentoring Projects, TCF Resource Centre WA, Multicultural Business Support Services, WA Racing Industry Project, Belmont Clothes Library and the BPW Business Incubator Online Projects. www.belmontbec.com www.mybusinessincubator.com.au www.bpwbusinessincubator.com/empoweringwomen
TCFWA | TCF Australia | TCF Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1998, assisting over 6,500+ designers and fashion industry small businesses with fashion business skill development, linkages in the global supply chain, International trade, and industry networks. www.tcfwa.com www.tcfaustralia.com www.tcfglobal.com www.myfashionincubator.com www.fashionincubators.com
Australian Federation of Business & Professional Women (Western Australian Division) Incorporated, (BPW) is a not-for-profit association that is part of the International Federation of Business & Professional Women with a 90year history in advocating for women’s empowerment, gender equity and leadership across 5 continents in over 100 countries with General Consultative Status at ECOSOC, United Nations. www.bpw.com.au/wa www.bpw.com.au www.bpw-international.org
Fortix is an organisation that provides business advisory services in digital business CRM management and integrated online cloud-based business management services. Since 2004 Fortix has been empowering local and national businesses with personalised business management systems. www.fortix.com.au
Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) provides a range of resources and guides designed for small businesses to understand, take action, and increase their cyber security resilience against ever-evolving cyber security threats. The language is clear, the actions are simple, and the guidance is tailored for small businesses. www.cyber.gov.au
P: 08 9479 3777