The railcar leasing landscape is witnessing a massive transformation as key stakeholders in the market are entering into strategic partnerships and collaborations to consolidate their positions and acquire bigger chunks of the market share. This is evidenced by the recent collaboration between European rail freight heavyweight DB Cargo and VTG a rolling stock leasing company. The two have joined hands and are propounding ground-breaking research that is aimed at introducing energy-efficient and cost-effective freight wagons.
Digitalization of the railcar’s operational capability and optimization of dispatch were the two other things that came under the ambit of this research. The final results of this research revealed that the new railcar wagons not only consumed 3%-8% less traction energy but also considerably reduced their lifecycle costs. Key market players stand to benefit immensely by taking a leaf from the pages of research initiatives such as this and adopt game-changing ways to reduce energy consumption and incur lesser costs on newer models of railcars.
On the back of these factors, railcar leasing is anticipated to surpass US$ 14.2 Bn in 2020, and the market is poised to expand at a CAGR of more than 9% through 2030.
For More Insights into the Market, Request a Sample of this Report https://www.factmr.com/media-release/1839/railcar-leasing-market-trends
Key Takeaways of the Railcar Leasing Market
- IoT technology is revolutionizing the market space and its effects have clearly permeated the railcar leasing market as is evidenced by this study done by Fact.MR. IoT is paving the way for seamless interconnectivity between all the modals of the supply chain.
- Thus IoT is enabling digital assistance for loading and unloading, freight car management and paving the way for asset management through prompt arrival and departure notifications. The advent of connected technology in the arena of railcar leasing will serve to boost the growth of this market which is brimming with potential.
- The North American railcar market is seeing an upsurge thanks to large scale investments being done by astute market players in the railcar leasing market. If the investing trends are anything to go by, the returns on investments in the railcar leasing market can range between 8-10%. This can be attributed to the minimal upkeep required for the cosmetic maintenance of railcars.
- Railcar leasing is seen as a profitable and lucrative investment avenue as they help in fulfilling all the critical functions of the supply chain. Manufacturers in the industrial and agricultural sectors benefit immensely from railcar lease. Since railcars are one of the easiest and most efficient ways for transportation of industrial and agricultural raw materials in bulk, the railcar leasing market will see unprecedented growth over the coming years.
“The high cost of leasing out railcars and their exorbitant price along with the intricate cash flow process could pose an impediment to the growth of the railcar leasing market. Some of the railcar regulations and legislations are highly in favor of the lessor and this could detract some manufacturers from investing in this market”, Says the Fact.MR Analyst.
Innovations in Containerization to Promulgate the Growth of the Railcar Leasing Market
- Two chemical manufacturers, BASF and Belgian manufacturer Van Hool have joined hands in a lucrative venture and innovated tank containers that can be transported along with railcars.
- These containers not only deliver an astounding payload but can also be stacked one top of each other for more efficient storage. Such innovations are undoubtedly disrupting the railcar leasing market and will continue to proliferate the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Massive containerization has also been witnessed in the food and beverage industry which will further bolster the growth of the market. Railcar leasing is governed by strict regulations especially during the transportation of flammable liquids and crude oil. Since oil prices have been fluctuating, its demand via railcar transportation will have a cascading effect on the market.
For More Valuable Information on Regional Market Dynamics, Request for More Info https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=264
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU),
Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Fact.MR is an independent, pure play market intelligence firm incorporated with an objective to deliver high quality, customized market research solutions that help our clients successfully go to the market equipped with actionable insights capable of impacting crucial business decisions.
M: +1 (628) 251-1583