AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Dec 15, 2015) - SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software, today announced that SolarWinds® Log & Event Manager completed assurance maintenance under the Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation, an internationally recognized standard for computer security achieved through independent laboratory testing and evaluation, and 11 other IT management products are under evaluation for certification.
"Government IT departments are held to a higher standard of security, but still require powerful, easy-to-use software to accomplish their missions," said Dave Kimball, group vice president, federal and national government, SolarWinds. "This Common Criteria certification provides assurances that SolarWinds meets and maintains high standards and compliance requirements so that IT pros are confident in the products they are deploying assist them in solving their IT problems."
Common Criteria for Information
Technology Security Evaluation
Common Criteria is an international program among 25 nations in which IT products are certified against standard specifications, specifically to ensure they meet an agreed-upon security standard for government deployments.
SolarWinds Log & Event Manager 6.2.0 has completed assurance maintenance under Common Criteria to Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2 augmented with ALC_FLR.2.
The SolarWinds Orion® Suite v1.1, comprising the below solutions, is currently undergoing Common Criteria evaluation at Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+:
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor 11.5.2 - network monitoring that quickly detects, diagnoses, and resolves network performance problems and outages
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor 6.2.1 - comprehensive application and server monitoring for alerting, reporting, and management
- SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager 7.4 - automated network configuration and change management
- SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer 4.1.1 - real-time network utilization and bandwidth monitoring
- SolarWinds IP Address Manager 4.3 - centralized management for DHCP, DNS and IP addresses
- SolarWinds User Device Tracker 3.2.2 - automated device tracking and switch port management
- SolarWinds VoIP & Network Quality Manager 4.2.2 - proactive VoIP and WAN performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor 2.2 - website performance monitoring for internal and customer facing applications
- SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor 6.1.1 - storage monitoring and capacity management
- Enterprise Operations Console 1.6 - unified management for distributed enterprise networks
- Failover Engine 6.7.0 - SolarWinds platform server monitoring
Previous versions of SolarWinds Orion Suite and SolarWinds Log & Event Manager have been certified for Common Criteria, more details are available here.
Electronic Warfare Associates - Canada, Ltd. (EWA-Canada), a Common Criteria Testing Laboratory (CCTL) accredited by the Standards Council of Canada and approved by Canada's Communications Security Establishment (CSE), evaluated SolarWinds software to determine that it meets all of the requirements of this security certification. EWA-Canada, in conjunction with its partner lab in the Spanish Common Criteria Scheme, is carrying out the evaluation of the SolarWinds Orion Suite v1.1. EWA-Canada is recognized for its extensive experience with Common Criteria evaluations, enabling companies to manage the process and ensure their products meet important certification requirements.
"EWA-Canada is pleased to be working with SolarWinds on the Common Criteria evaluation of this latest version of the Orion Suite," said Erin Connor, director of the EWA-Canada Common Criteria Test Lab. "With this re-evaluation, SolarWinds is demonstrating their continuing commitment to provide high quality tools evaluated to international security standards for their customers to employ in their critical networks."
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
- SolarWinds software is available through numerous channel partners and systems integrators worldwide as well as the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA®) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM), Crown Commercial Service (CCS), United Nations Atlas.
- Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and Technical Requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance, Section 508 VPATs, in addition to the Good Practice Guide 13 (U.K.).
- SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more.
- SolarWinds' thwack® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance templates for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other standards.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, government agencies and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT Pros, and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address all key areas of the infrastructure from on premises to the Cloud. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design and thwack are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
© 2015 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71