Small businesses are vital to Australia, employing just under 500,000 workers and accounting for around $50 billion of economic activity in Western Australia alone.
With fewer small businesses reporting a decrease in revenue compared to previous months during the Coronavirus pandemic, now more than ever is a great time to celebrate small business and what they have accomplished in these tough times in our great State.
The Belmont & Western Australia Small Business awards recognises the contribution that many small businesses make to this state.
Carol Hanlon, Founder of the Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards said, “You can nominate a deserving small business (even your own!) in the 27th Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards, with entries open right now”.
With your nomination, small businesses that contribute greatly to so many aspects of Western Australia can be recognised and celebrated at the award presentation evening in November. There are 24 Award categories that small business and individuals can nominate to enter.
2020 Award Categories:
This year's Awards include the following categories for entrants to consider such as:
- Best Marketing Award sponsored by Westways Visual Communication & A Team Printing
- Karl Farrell Inspiration Award sponsored by TCF WA
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by MBI Count Me In Project
- Innovation Award sponsored by RES-Q
- Customer Service Award sponsored by Storage King Perth Airport
- Sustainability Award sponsored by TCF Global
- Digital Technology Award sponsored by Emerge Internet
- Community Spirit Award sponsored by Southern Gazette
- Volunteer of the Year sponsored by Belmont Rotary
- Best Retail Business sponsored by Belmont Forum
- Spirit of Australia Award sponsored by Belmont Business Enterprise Centre
- Fashion Industry Award sponsored by TCF Australia
- Best New Business sponsored by City of Belmont
- Marjorie Charleson WA Racing Industry Award sponsored by Friends of Belmont BEC
- Young Entrepreneur Award sponsored by Blake Digital
- Business Management Award sponsored by Fortix
- Bev Poor Mentor Award sponsored by Bev Poor
- Business Woman of the Year sponsored by BPW WA & BPW Business Incubator
- Indigenous Business of the Year sponsored by Workforce Solutions
- Achievement Award sponsored by Mustera Property Group
- Business Migrant of the Year sponsored by The Australian Asian Association WA & My Fashion Incubator Migrant Small Business Project
- International Trade Award sponsored by BEC Global
- Enterprise of the Year sponsored by R Moore & Sons
- EMRC Business Person of the Year sponsored by Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council
The Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards are coordinated by the Belmont Business Enterprise Centre Inc. (Belmont BEC) and supported by major sponsors City of Belmont and the Textile Clothing Footwear Resource Centre of WA (TCFWA).
The Awards are open for entries from small businesses, individuals and organisations from across Western Australia and provide recognition and encouragement for achievements and business excellence.
Potential entrants will be able to access a wide range of support in preparing their submission that includes Free Award Entry Kits, Workshops, Webinars and access to Award Mentors who can assist with tips in preparing award submissions to impress the judging panel.
To nominate a deserving small business, entries must be submitted by 26th October 2020. Nominees and other special guests will be invited to the ‘Night of the Stars’ event that will take place on Thursday 26th November 2020.
Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards
City of Belmont
With a focus on establishing and maintaining a progressive business community, the City of Belmont is proud to be a major sponsor of the Belmont Small Business Awards. By recognising quality and excellence in the community, the City of Belmont – the City of Opportunity continues to be a great place to live, work and invest. www.belmont.wa.gov.au
Belmont BEC | BEC Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1994, providing training and mentoring support services to over 25,000+ individuals in Australia to start or improve their small business and is a specialist in virtual business incubation. Belmont BEC has originated a large range of well-known projects and programs for the benefit of its small business clients that have included the annual Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards, Designedge Innovation Festival, TCF Resource Centre WA, Multicultural Business Support Services, WA Racing Industry Project, Belmont Clothes Library and the BPW Business Incubator Online Projects. www.belmontbec.com www.bpwbusinessincubator.com
TCFWA | TCF Australia | TCF Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1998, assisting over 6,000+ designers and fashion industry small businesses with fashion business skill development, linkages in the global supply chain, International trade and industry networks.
P: 08 9479 3777