Thursday, September 13th, 2018 - ACN Newswire Pte Ltd
|Links with KHUR, Mongolia's state information exchange system|
TOKYO, Sept 13, 2018 - (ACN Newswire) - MobiCom Corporation, a subsidiary of KDDI CORPORATION, has recently introduced fingerprint authentication enabled by compatibility between the KHUR state information exchange system and MobiCom's sales management system.
MobiCom is the first telecommunications service provider to establish compatibility with the KHUR state information exchange system. It enables MobiCom to provide more than 100 service offerings to Mongolians, who are able to complete the personal ID authentication process using fingerprint verification only, without the need to present an ID card.
The KHUR state information exchange system also allows MobiCom to save the time and efforts expended in sales outlets and back-office operations managing customer ID card information, in favour of constructing the necessary data wharehousing facilities.
KHUR state information exchange system was developed as an integrated national population database managed by government authorities for registration, taxation, social insurance, and other services for improved utility and transparency. Use of an open-source platform ensures connectivity for private-sector firms that meet compliance standards.
Issued free of charge, the Mongolian national ID card is required for public procedures, such as voting. The cards include personal information such as digital photograph and fingerprints, which is securely stored to an embedded microprocessor. By linking its sales management system to KHUR, MobiCom can use information integrated with KHUR to enable personal ID authentication through fingerprint verification alone.
By establishing links with KHUR, MobiCom will be able not only to improve its service quality, but also to aspire to provide new telecommunications and finance services, thus contributing to the development of Mongolia.
MobiCom Corporartion is a total telecommunications service provider, supplying mobile, fixed line and satellite communication services in addition to a wide range of ICT services, and holds the largest market share among Mongolia's mobile subscribers.(12/17).
KDDI has been a shareholder in MobiCom since it was established in 1995 to develop Mongolia's telecommunications industry. KDDI will apply its knowledge and experience to continue powering the growth of MobiCom and Mongolia's telecommunications infrastructure.
- Nov 1995 KDDI, Sumitomo Corporation and Newcom LLC enter the Mongolian market, establishing MobiCom, the telecommunications venture.
- Mar 1996 Launched 2G GSM service
- Mar 2009 Launched 3G W-CDMA service
- 2011 Obtained ISO 9001 quality management system certification
- 2012 Obtained ISO 27001 information security management certification
- Aug 2014 Launched Candy loyalty program
- Mar 2016 KDDI took on MobiCom as a consolidated subsidiary
- May 2016 Launched 4G LTE high-speed data communication service in Ulaanbaatar
- Dec 2016 Launched Candy e-money service
- May 2017 Launched Candy Message Loan service
- July 2017 Obtained Mongolia's first international OHSAS18001 certification, for implementation
and operation of the MobiCom Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Nov 2017 Introduced Mongolia's first carrier aggregation in 4G LTE
- Dec 2017 Received the Grand Prix at the "Entrepreneur Awards"
- Mar 2018 Honored with the prize for "Best Socially Responsible Foreign Company" at the Silk Road Awards
hosted by the Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry
KDDI is the second largest telecommunication service provider in Japan, offering both mobile and fixed-line communications. With its well-established base of over 50 million customers, and through mobile services and shops offering its "au" brand, KDDI is expanding its services into the "Life Design" business, which includes fintech, e-commerce and nationwide electric power utility services.
With a 60-year history, KDDI is today focused on creating smart infrastructure through IoT technologies and open innovation with partners and start-up companies in diverse industries. KDDI is accelerating the global growth of its telecommunications consumer business with operations in Myanmar and Mongolia, and in the global ICT business with the TELEHOUSE brand. KDDI (TYO:9433) is listed on the Tokyo stock exchange. http://www.kddi.com/english/.
*This release is an abridged translation of the full announcement: