The 25th annual Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards will officially launch on the 18th of April at the City of Belmont Civic Centre from 6pm until 8pm.
On the night, Joan Landers from the Jacaranda Community Centre will deliver the Welcome to Country, Mayor Cr Phil Marks from the City of Belmont will offer the official welcome with sponsors of this year’s Awards announcing their categories.
WA Governor-designate, the Honourable Kim Beazley AC will officially launch the 25th Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards joined by the City of Belmont Mayor Cr Phil Marks.
The event will also include the launch of the 2018 designedge innovation FESTIVAL by WA Governor-designate, the Honourable Kim Beazley AC, with the Festival now in its 14th year. WA Small Business Minister Paul Papalia will be providing an update on Small Business in WA.
The Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards are coordinated by the Belmont Business Enterprise Centre Inc. (Belmont BEC) and supported by major sponsors City of Belmont and the Textile Clothing Footwear Resource Centre of WA (TCFWA).
As part of this launch a fashion designer showcase has been co-ordinated by Margaret Sylvester representing TCFWA. Worn by models from Metro Modelling Cockburn, designs will be on show by Silverstar Designs, Desert Gem, Kirrikin, Red Opium, FA Concept Store and Jonté Designs. Entertainment will be provided by Kaylene Taylor, and hand-crafted wines will be provided by Neilson Estate Wines.
Belmont BEC CEO Carol Hanlon said, “This is our 25th Anniversary Awards and we are thrilled to have WA Governor-designate, the Honourable Kim Beazley AC as our VIP Guest, as the Hon Kim Beazley was the Federal Member for Swan we started the Belmont BEC back in 1994. We have 26 award categories in 2018 and I’d like to acknowledge some of our new sponsors who have joined us this year including Ascot Rotary, Compendium, Emerge Internet, Fuji Xerox, Employment Solutions Group, Hong Kong Australia Business Association WA, Res-Q, WA State Government and the great ongoing support of the City of Belmont.”
“The Awards are open to small businesses both within the Belmont area, Perth Metro and state-wide. This year there are more categories than ever before that small businesses can nominate either themselves or another deserving business for,”
2018 Award Categories:
This year's 26 awards include the following categories for entrants to consider such as:
- Best Marketing Award sponsored by Westways Visual Communication & Worldwide Printing Solutions
- Karl Farrell Inspiration Award sponsored by TCF WA
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by Employment Services Group
- Innovation Award sponsored by Compendium
- Most Creative Award sponsored by BEC Belmont
- Digital Technology Award sponsored by Emerge Internet
- Volunteer of the Year sponsored by Perth Airport
- Community Spirit Award sponsored by Southern Gazette
- Sustainability Award sponsored by Mustera Property Group
- Best Retail Business sponsored by Belmont Forum
- Fashion Industry Award sponsored by TCF Australia
- Business Woman of the Year sponsored by BPW WA & BPW Business Incubator
- Business Migrant of the Year sponsored by The Australian Asian Association WA & Hong Kong Australia Business Association WA
- Best New Business sponsored by City of Belmont
- Spirit of Australia Award sponsored by Hanssen Project Management
- Young Entrepreneur sponsored by Business News
- Achievement Award sponsored by Ascot Rotary
- Indigenous Business of the Year sponsored by Perth Airport
- International Trade Award sponsored by BEC Global
- Tourism Award sponsored by WA State Government
- Mentor Award sponsored by Watering Concepts
- Customer Service Award sponsored by Telstra Business Centre Belmont
- WA Racing Industry Award sponsored by Racebreed Australia
- Enterprise of the Year sponsored by Fuji Xerox
- Business Person of the Year sponsored by Belmont Rotary
- Judges Award sponsored by Res-Q
Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards
City of Belmont
With a focus on establishing and maintaining a progressive business community, the City of Belmont is proud to be a major sponsor of the Belmont Small Business Awards. By recognising quality and excellence in the community, the City of Belmont – the City of Opportunity continues to be a great place to live, work and invest. www.belmont.wa.gov.au
Belmont BEC | BEC Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1994, providing training and mentoring support services to over 25,000+ individuals in Australia to start or improve their small business and is a specialist in virtual business incubation. Belmont BEC has originated a large range of well-known projects and programs for the benefit of its small business clients that have included the annual Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards, Designedge Innovation Festival, TCF Resource Centre WA, Multicultural Business Support Services, WA Racing Industry Project, Belmont Clothes Library and the BPW Business Incubator Online Projects. www.belmontbec.com www.bpwbusinessincubator.com
TCFWA | TCF Australia | TCF Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1998, assisting over 6,000+ designers and fashion industry small businesses with fashion business skill development, linkages in the global supply chain, International trade and industry networks.
P: 08 9479 3777