"Iron Ore Mining in India to 2021 - Iron Ore Industry to Pick up Pace, Aided by Strong Steel Demand and Rapid Economic Growth" report covers comprehensive information on India’s iron ore mining industry, iron ore resources, reserves by state, form and grade, the historical and forecast numbers for iron ore production by form and state. The report also includes the historical and forecast numbers for iron ore consumption by end use sectors, and trade. Detailed analysis of the Indian mining industry’s regulatory structure, demand drivers, competitive landscape, and mining projects at various stages (active, exploration and development) of the supply chain is provided.
- Summary of the country’s mining industry across various parameters - reserves, production, consumption, trade, competitive landscape, regulatory scenario and the future potential.
- Iron ore production, consumption and trade numbers from 2000-2016 and forecast for next five years to 2021.
- Production split by form and consumption split by end use sectors.
- Policies and regulatory framework governing the industry.
- Company details, including company overview, business description and data on major active, exploration and development iron ore projects.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an understanding of India’s iron ore mining industry
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data
- Obtain the state-wise most up to date information for active, exploration and development iron ore projects.
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events
- Identify various factors affecting the iron ore demand.
- Identify key operating companies’ and obtain the business structure, strategy and prospects.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 1
1.1. List of Tables 3
1.2. List of Figures 4
2. Iron Ore Mining in India to 2021 5
2.1. Key Highlights 5
3. Iron Ore Mining in India: Reserves, Production, Consumption, and Trade 6
3.1. Reserves/Resources by State, Form, and Grade 6
3.2. Historical and Forecast Production 8
3.2.1. Production by state 12
3.3. Active Mines 14
3.4. Exploration Projects 16
3.5. Development Projects 17
3.6. Consumption and Trade 19
3.6.1. Domestic iron ore consumption 19
3.6.2. Iron ore trade 22
3.7. Demand Drivers 25
3.7.1. Demand for pig iron and sponge iron 27
4. Major Iron Ore Producers in India 28
4.1. Odisha Mining Corp Ltd 28
4.2. Steel Authority of India Ltd 29
4.3. National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd 31
4.4. Vedanta Resources plc 31
5. Fiscal Regime 33
5.1. The Indian Mining Industry - Governing Bodies 33
5.1.1. Ministry of Mines 33
5.1.2. Ministry of Coal 34
5.1.3. Ministry of Steel 36
5.1.4. Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) 37
5.1.5. Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) 38
5.2. The Indian Mining Industry - Rules and Regulations 38
5.2.1. Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act (MMDR), 1957 38
5.2.2. Mineral Conservation and Development Rule, 2017 39
5.2.3. Other Mining Laws 40
5.2.4. The Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 40
5.2.5. Coal Blocks Allocation Rules, 2017 40
5.3. The Indian Mining Industry - Mining Concessions, Rights and Obligations 41
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch:
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349