"Small Domestic Appliances 2017", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the UK market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It also provides forecasts to 2022.
Heating and cooling appliances are set to grow 7.6% over the next five years, driven by innovation in the marketplace. Grocers will continue to lose market share in 2018, as they focus on food propositions at the expense of home and electrical sales. Online pureplays such as Amazon and Shop Direct will continue to gain share, offering fast delivery and competitive prices. The most popular reason for buying SDA was to replace existing products, with 66.8% of those purchasing SDA products stating this as the reason. However, there are also more consumers entering the market, with the proportion of shoppers purchasing a new SDA product rising 17.9 ppts on 2016 to 36.5%.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- The key issues
- Market, retailer and consumer headlines
- Market sizes and predictions for growth
- In-depth profiles of the key retailers
- Where people shop
- Why people shop
- Average spend at a product category level
- Channel usage, research and payment
- As real income continues to decline, retailers must entice consumers with attractive promotions to stimulate demand. Retailers should offer value-added promotions, such as cash back, to encourage sales without damaging average selling price.
- Argos' position as market leader is threatened, vulnerable to competitors during a transitional period as a result of its merger with Sainsbury's. By the end of 2017, the gap between Argos and its closest rival Dixons Carphone will have narrowed to only 1.1ppts.
- The growing trend towards consumers using external services for their cleaning needs, driven by an influx of low-cost UK labour and growth in full-time employment, means fewer consumers are purchasing products such as floor cleaners or irons.
Reasons to buy
- Identify how the important macro-economic changes in 2017 will impact both the small domestic appliances market and consumers.
- Discover which market sub-sectors will outperform the overall SDA market, and what factors are influencing the poor growth forecasts for irons and floor cleaners.
- Examine the changing performance of leading retailers, including full financial comparisons, three to five year outlooks and a detailed analysis of likely future activity.
- Reveal the impact of Argos' merger with Sainsbury's and what opportunity this presents for other SDA retailers.
- Receive detailed analysis of small domestic appliances consumer behaviour, including research processes and driving store-choice factors split across demographic and channel use.
Table of Content: Key Points
Issues and Strategies
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch:
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349