WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “Turkish Airlines”
Turkish Airlines has in recent years expanded its operations dramatically, emerging from a local airline to a major global player. This growth has been propelled by the strategic location of its Istanbul hub. With Turkey currently constructing a six runway new airport at Istanbul, potential for growth is strong. However political and security concerns still linger and can adversely affect the company, as happened in 2016 when a string of terrorist attacks and an attempted political coup drove the airline into contraction.
- Turkish Airlines is one of the success stories of the airlines industry over the past decade, with the company more than doubling the number of destinations it travels to within the span of ten years whilst also increasing its revenue significantly.
- However, despite its growth and the potential for more, Turkish Airlines suffered a real shock in 2016 when its revenues fell and the number of tourists travelling to the country also declined significantly.
- Potential for further growth is very real, especially as the new Istanbul airport will allow Turkish Airlines to further expand its operations. The Americas particularly is an area with low penetration at the moment. The weakening of the Lira coupled with an increase in the global tourism industry will also serve to attract tourists to Turkey again.
- Explains the reasons fur Turkish Airlines growing so strongly over the past decade.
- Explores how the company can continue expanding in the coming years.
- Analyzes why Turkish Airlines did not grow in 2016 specifically.
- Examines further growth possibilities for the airline company as well as the increasing challenges it will face from competitors.
Key points to buy
- Why has Turkish Airlines grown so strongly in recent years?
- Why did its revenues decline in 2016 specifically?
- What potential for further growth exists for the company?
- Which companies serve as the main competitors to Turkish Airlines?
Table of Contents
Turkish Airlines has witnessed strong growth over past decade
Turkish Airlines destinations double within a decade
Turkish Airlines? brand image also boosted by expansion in operations
Potential for further growth remains strong as new Istanbul airport under construction
World?s largest airport currently under construction in Istanbul
Growth in international tourism along with popularity of medical tourism provides further opportunities for growth
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Email Us at: [email protected]
Reach Us at: +1 339 368 6938 (US) +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
For accessing accurate and deep understanding and to gain latest insights and key developments in the area of your interest, we also have a list of conferences in which you will be interested in, for more information, cordially check
For updating knowledge or for thoroughly understanding various terminologies, we also have vast list of seminars for your reference, for more information cordially check
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349