"Ukraine: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ukraine today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. The telecom service revenue growth in Ukraine over 2017-2022 will be mainly driven by mobile data. Going forward, operators will focus on data-centric services and invest in 3G and FTTH deployments to expand coverage and boost broadband penetration in the country. Operators’ push for 4G/LTE launch will drive mobile data revenue going further.
Vodafone Ukraine (MTS)
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Ukraine.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Ukraine will grow at a CAGR of 1.4% (5.7% in UAH) during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 82.8% of the total telecom revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband services.
- 3G is currently the most adopted mobile technology led by widespread expansion of 3G networks by operators.
- The top two mobile operators, Kyivstar and Vodafone Ukraine, accounted for 82.0% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2017. We expect the competition to intensify further as all operators are expanding 3G networks and planning to launch 4G/LTE in 2018 to enhance network speed and capacity to compete in the market.
- Operators will also invest in fiber network deployments to improve fixed broadband connectivity and cater to the rising data demand.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Ukraine’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ukraine’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Ukraine’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ukraine.
Table of Content: Key Points
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Vodafone Ukraine (MTS) 29
Additional resources 32
Baseline forecast assumptions 33
Data tables 34
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch:
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349