The scope of this investigation includes all major viable DG technologies as well as an abbreviated assessment of potentially viable and emerging DG technologies. Research analyzes each technology, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, and the industries current and projected regulatory environment are assessed and discussed.
Research analyzes the global industry from both a manufacturing and an implementation point of view and examines government roles including regulatory support and requirements, feed-in tariffs and promotional incentives for various DG technologies. The report reviews the most relevant DG technologies, discusses recent trends in capacity installation and unit sales, and provides industry overviews and market assessments for each technology.
Estimated market values presented in the market chapter are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars unadjusted for inflation.
AEOLOS WIND TURBINE
ASIAN PHOENIX RESOURCES LTD.
BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC.
Bergey WindPower Co.
CANADIAN SOLAR INC.
Capstone Turbine International Inc.
Cargo & Kraft Turbin Sverige AB
Conergy Renewable Energy Singapore Pte Ltd.
- An overview of the global market for distributed energy generation.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Evaluation of the existing distributed energy generation industry, focusing on producers of each major viable technology and their market potential over the next five years.
- Information on energy-related issues effecting the environment, including greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, climate change, energy cost and security, air and water pollution, and other factors.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, including growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- A look at how regulatory environments are impacting the market.
- Profiles of major players in the distributed energy generation industry.
Table of Content: Key Points
Chapter 1 INTRODUCTION
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
REASONS FOR COMPLETING THIS STUDY
SCOPE OF REPORT
RELATED BCC RESEARCH REPORTS
Chapter 2 SUMMARY
Chapter 3 OVERVIEW
DISTRIBUTED ENERGY AND DISTRIBUTED GENERATION
RENEWABLE ENERGY AND DISTRIBUTED ENERGY GENERATION
A BRIEF HISTORY OF DISTRIBUTED ENERGY GENERATION
DISTRIBUTED ELECTRICITY USES
ADVANTAGES AND DRAWBACKS OF DISTRIBUTED ELECTRICITY GENERATION
Potential Cost Savings
Reliability: Peak Loads and Grid Interruptions
Power Quality and Consistency
Incorporation of Renewable Energy
Ancillary Utility Services
Energy Independence and Security: Climate Change and Terrorism
DRAWBACKS OF DISTRIBUTED ENERGY GENERATION
DISTRIBUTED ENERGY GENERATION TECHNOLOGIES AND APPLICATIONS
CAPITAL, INSTALLATION, AND OPERATION COSTS
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch:
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349