NEUCHATEL, SWITZERLAND--(Marketwired - Jun 15, 2015) - Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) today announced the CE Mark and pre-market release of Root® connectivity and patient monitoring platform with noninvasive blood pressure and temperature capabilities.
Root with noninvasive blood pressure from SunTech Medical enables clinicians to measure arterial blood pressure for adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients, with three distinct measurement modes: spot-check, automatic interval, and stat interval.
The temperature module from Welch Allyn is indicated to measure temperature of adult, pediatric and neonatal patients.
"Root and Patient SafetyNet powered with Masimo SET has changed for the better our patient care and patient safety," said Caroline Stade, Chief Nursing Officer at University Children's Hospital Basel (UKBB) in Basel, Switzerland. "With remote alarm notification from Patient SafetyNet, we've been able to give proper care to patients in need without the false alarms that made proper care previously untenable. With the addition of blood pressure monitoring, we can provide patients in sub-acute care an integrated solution that will provide more efficient and effective care for our patients. We all, the physicians and nurses, are very happy with this new system and would never ever disclaim or work without the Root monitor."
Root offers a high visibility display with intuitive, touchscreen navigation for easy and adaptable use in any hospital environment:
- Integrates measurements from Masimo Radical-7® handheld for SET® Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion(tm) pulse oximetry, continuous haemoglobin (SpHb®), PVI®, ORI(tm), and other noninvasive rainbow® parameters, or the Radius-7(tm) patient-worn monitor for continuous monitoring of mobile patients
- Flexible measurement expansion through Masimo Open Connect(tm) (MOC-9(tm)), including
- ISA(tm) CO2 capnography for sidestream monitoring featuring Nomoline(tm) technology for extended monitoring and cost-effective consumables
- O3(tm) regional oximetry for the simultaneous measurement of regional oxygen saturation (rSO2) and arterial oxygen saturation (SpO2) to help clinicians detect regional hypoxemia that pulse oximetry alone can miss, and
- SedLine® brain function monitoring, which provides four channels of EEG to help clinicians better understand the effects of anaesthesia on the brain. SedLine measures the effects of anaesthesia and sedation by monitoring both sides of the brain's electrical activity.
- Automatic display of parameters, waveforms, and viewing configuration based on the clinician's presence through MyView(tm) technology enabled with Patient SafetyNet(tm) version 5000 or higher
- Enables clinicians to easily and automatically document vital signs data, measured from any connected device or manually entered, directly from Root to the patient's Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Alarms and alerts for all devices are seamlessly forwarded to the patient's clinician and all device data are effortlessly documented in the patient's EMR.
Root with noninvasive blood pressure and temperature is currently not available in the U.S.
Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) is the global leader in innovative noninvasive monitoring technologies that significantly improve patient care-helping solve "unsolvable" problems. In 1995, the company debuted Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion pulse oximetry, known as Masimo SET®, which virtually eliminated false alarms and increased pulse oximetry's ability to detect life-threatening events. More than 100 independent and objective studies have shown that Masimo SET® outperforms other pulse oximetry technologies, even under the most challenging clinical conditions, including patient motion and low peripheral perfusion. In 2005, Masimo introduced rainbow Pulse CO-Oximetry technology, allowing noninvasive and continuous monitoring of blood constituents that previously could only be measured invasively, including total haemoglobin (SpHb®), oxygen content (SpOC(tm)), carboxyhemoglobin (SpCO®), methemoglobin (SpMet®), and Pleth Variability Index (PVI®), in addition to SpO2, pulse rate, and perfusion index (PI). Additional information about Masimo and its products may be found at www.masimo.com. @masimoinnovates
This press release includes forward-looking statements as defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, in connection with the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations about future events affecting us and are subject to risks and uncertainties, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond our control and could cause our actual results to differ materially and adversely from those expressed in our forward-looking statements as a result of various risk factors, including, but not limited to: risks related to our assumptions that Masimo's Root Vital Signs Monitoring is adaptable to any hospital environment; risks related to our assumptions regarding the repeatability of clinical results; as well as other factors discussed in the "Risk Factors" section of our most recent reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), which may be obtained for free at the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in our forward-looking statements are reasonable, we do not know whether our expectations will prove correct. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are expressly qualified in their entirety by the foregoing cautionary statements. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of today's date. We do not undertake any obligation to update, amend or clarify these statements or the "Risk Factors" contained in our most recent reports filed with the SEC, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required under the applicable securities laws.
Masimo, SET, Signal Extraction Technology, Improving Patient Outcome and Reducing Cost of Care by Taking Noninvasive Monitoring to New Sites and Applications, rainbow, SpHb, SpOC, SpCO, SpMet, PVI are trademarks or registered trademarks of Masimo.
Email: [email protected]
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71