The Senexus Aged Care Solutions team will be on hand to answer questions about aged care at the Adelaide Retirement, Lifestyle & Travel Expo 2015, Friday May 29th to Sunday May 31st, between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, at the Jubilee Pavilion, Adelaide Showground.
Senexus is an independent voice in the aged care industry, helping South Australian families navigate the maze of aged care options, from home care to respite care to finding the best possible aged care home.
David Coluccio, Principal of Senexus Aged Care Solutions, said that the quest for the right aged care facility for a loved one could be a stressful, even harrowing experience for many families.
“It is all too easy to be overwhelmed by the process of evaluating your options for aged care,” Mr Coluccio said. “It can be emotionally and physically exhausting.”
The role of Senexus is to make families aware of the options and take care of a lot of the footslog by assessing facilities on their behalf.
“It’s not a case of choosing the cheapest or the most luxurious home, there are many factors to take into consideration,” Mr Coluccio said.
“Each situation is unique but in all cases, families need to understand the legalities and paperwork as well as the budget, location and quality of the facility. They then have to weigh those against home care options, which include the possibility of respite care for carers.”
Senexus has been able to help families like these make informed decisions:
- Andrea’s partner Ted suffers from severe dementia. Andrea was caring for Ted at home, and while this was getting increasingly difficult, she didn’t think that she could afford to get him the care he needed.
- Jack, based in Queensland, needed help to find his mum a place in an Adelaide nursing home. Jack couldn’t take more than a few days away from work. Coming back to support his mum, he didn’t want to spend his limited time completing paperwork and desperately trying to evaluate different nursing homes.
- Lucy’s mum was in hospital following a fall. Lucy knew that her mum needed to go into residential aged care, but was not sure which nursing home would be the best fit.
Senexus was able to present each family with a personalised, tailored overview of their aged care options and the financial implications, and complete the required documentation, including the comprehensive means test and facility admission forms.
Visitors to the Retirement, Lifestyle & Travel Expo can present their own situation and questions to Senexus’s friendly, well informed staff.
“We look forward to meeting you whether you are considering the aged care options for an elderly parent, or simply have questions about nursing homes and aged care in Adelaide.”
Pic of David Coluccio below, please click to expand. ##
Senexus Aged Care Solutions
Senexus Aged Care Solutions is a specialist placement service for families seeking the best care homes in Adelaide for a loved one. Our full-service placement process offers:
- Quick relocation for your loved ones into the best-suited aged care homes, based on individual preferences and on your financial situation (single and couple placements).
- An aged care placement specialist who will work with you from start to finish to ensure all paperwork is completed thoroughly.
- Unique access to a shortlist of confirmed available aged care homes for your loved one – giving you the opportunity to make the final choice.
- Independent advice and review of the best aged care homes across Adelaide based on key measurement criteria that we have developed in conjunction with our past clients.
- Access to additional aged care services including independent legal and financial advice.
Whether you are based in South Australia, or interstate, we can work with you to source the best aged care home for your loved one and help with the entire placement and relocation process.
We also offer access to home care services, respite placements, and retirement accommodation and services to support Adelaide families throughout their journey with an ageing loved one.
P: (08) 8344 1911
M: 0408 088 829