New Patent Pending Technologies Let Users Visualize Contention, Recover Snapshots From Any Point in Time and Manage Both Application Recovery and Storage Policies at Scale
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - May 11, 2015) - Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced the General Availability of Tintri OS 3.2, Tintri Global Center 2.0 and Tintri SyncVM. These products announced in April reset industry conventions for QoS and address long-standing performance and policy pains of enterprise data centers and service providers.
- Tintri OS 3.2. Administrators can now allocate exact maximum and minimum IOPS to each individual VM. Unlike conventional QoS, which requires administrators to predict the right values, Tintri provides visual guidance on the QoS values to specify, removing guesswork. The patent pending VM-level QoS is paired with powerful contention visualization in the UI. Now administrators can see the immediate impact of throttle changes on VM-level latency instead of waiting for end user feedback. The visualization spans the entire infrastructure -- including latency stemming from host, network, storage contention and QoS throttle.
- Tintri SyncVM. This new product, based on patent-pending technology, allows the user to move back and forth between snapshots of an individual VM without losing other snapshots or performance history. Administrators can also use this capability to update hundreds of "child" VMs from a refreshed "master" VM without physically moving data or reconfiguring the VM and/or storage. They can even automate the process with Tintri PowerShell or REST APIs.
- Tintri Global Center 2.0. Enterprises and service providers can now monitor and manage more than 100,000 VMs from a single pane of glass. They can manage dynamic collections of VMs based on group definitions and policies. Groups can span VMstores, hypervisor types and geographies.
"With this release, Tintri enables per-VM quality of service, scalable management of thousands of VMs and important use-cases like test and development with our unique VM-level storage technology," said Kieran Harty, CTO and co-founder. "The extensive input and deep involvement of Tintri customers during the beta has been outstanding, and it shows in the quality of the products we are delivering today."
Quotes from beta customers:
"SyncVM is a quick and easy way to restore VMs from a snapshot. There are times that we need to restore a VM without going to backups, and SyncVM is a quick management tool for restoring VMs from any snapshot without losing snaps on that VM or any others." -- Jason Palmer, CIO, HiTouch Business Services
"SyncVM not only allows easy cloning of a production server to multiple development servers, but also synchronizes production data from the original production source server into multiple development environments much faster and with minimal data transfer compared to traditional storage systems. Tintri Global Center 2.0 enables single pane of management in addition to features such as VM-level replication that Tintri offers." -- Jeffrey Wilhelm, CTO, Envision Technology Advisors
"No other vendor has these features and makes them available so simply." -- Brian Mislavsky, Information Systems Engineer, George Washington University
Tintri OS 3.2 is available now to all Tintri VMstore owners with a valid Tintri support contract. Tintri SyncVM is available now for purchase as separately licensed software for Tintri VMstore. Tintri Global Center 2.0 is available now for all current Tintri Global Center owners with a valid support contract, and as separately licensed software for all Tintri VMstore owners.
- View the on-demand launch webinar with Tintri CTO, Kieran Harty
- Review the one-page instruction manual for setting VM-level performance
- Get the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays
- Read the Dummies Guide to Application Aware Storage
- Follow Tintri on Twitter
- Follow Tintri on LinkedIn
Tintri builds smart storage that sees, learns and adapts, enabling IT organizations to focus on virtualized applications and business services instead of managing storage infrastructure. Tintri application-aware storage eliminates planning and complex troubleshooting by providing VM-level visibility, control, insight and agility. Tintri powers hundreds of thousands of virtual machines running business critical databases, enterprise apps, desktops and mobile apps, and private cloud deployments. Tintri helps global enterprises such as AMD, F5 Networks, GE, NEC, NTT, MillerCoors and Time Warner maximize their virtualization and cloud investments. For more information, visit www.tintri.com and follow us on Twitter: @Tintri.
+1 415 591 8459
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71