SolarWinds(R) Network Performance Monitor Adds New Wireless Heat Mapping and Capacity Forecasting to Give IT Pros Essential Visibility Into the Health and Performance of Their Networks Made Increasingly Complex by Mobile Workforces and BYOD
AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired) -- SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT performance management software, today announced essential enhancements to its flagship Network Performance Monitor (NPM) to improve business mobility and uptime. With new wireless heat mapping, IT Pros can maintain automatic, real-time maps of wireless network signal strength to enhance continuous wireless coverage throughout an environment and accelerate troubleshooting. With new capacity forecasting, IT Pros can also automatically keep tabs on critical network resources to help predict future needs and prevent outages.
"When it comes to network monitoring, SolarWinds has always advocated that IT Pros take the back-to-basics approach. We know visibility into the health and performance of a network is essential to any organization," said Chris LaPoint, vice president product management, SolarWinds. "However, as BYOD and increasingly mobile workforces evolve networks in new and complex ways, the 'basics' are changing, so it's critical that IT Pros have a single, dependable solution to automate tedious -- yet essential -- network monitoring tasks. SolarWinds NPM ensures that the fundamentals of network monitoring are not overlooked."
Automate wireless network mapping to enhance wireless coverage
With SolarWinds NPM's NEW wireless network heat maps, IT Pros can automatically map their wireless networks to show signal strength according to their floor plans -- whether in small doctor's offices or a 40,000-sq. ft. campus -- with a visual display of critical status and performance metrics. With these maps, IT can now:
- Troubleshoot client connectivity issues, keeping mobile end-users working with minimal disruption to their productivity
- Generate user-sourced wireless signal strength surveys for coverage in all network locations, including remote sites
- Prioritize wireless signal strength where it is most needed and proactively make adjustments such as adding wireless access points, modifying the environment, etc.
- Use client location tracking to find any wireless-connected device within the network, helping IT keep track of end-users and rogue or misplaced devices
Automate capacity planning to prevent network outages
With NEW capacity forecasting, IT Pros can automate planning for network needs (bandwidth, WAN circuits, etc.) to help prevent poor performance and sudden network outages. IT can now:
- Use historical data from SolarWinds NPM on CPU, memory, volumes, connected wireless clients, node, and interface traffic utilization to provide automated assessments of average and peak use
- Answer the question, "How many days before I run out of disk space/CPU/bandwidth, etc. and it impacts a user's network connectivity?" and set customizable alerts to proactively secure the necessary network resources to get ahead of those situations
SolarWinds NPM provides a comprehensive view of network fault, performance, availability, traffic, and latency, empowering IT Pros to more effectively identify, prioritize and resolve network issues before they impact application performance, end-users and businesses. Other automatic network performance monitoring features include deep packet inspection (DPI) for assessment of network latency's impact on application performance with automated application identification, and automated mapping and alerting of device dependencies for improved root-cause analysis.
Pricing and Availability
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor pricing starts at $2,675 USD, including the first year of maintenance, and the new version will be available within the first quarter 2015. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
- SolarWinds Lab: NPM 11.5: Web-based Alerting How-to plus Wireless Heat Maps, Duplex Mismatch Detection and More!
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack® online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design and thwack are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
© 2015 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.