OTTAWA, ON and BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- Fueled by the unprecedented adoption of cloud services, mobility, video content and big data, BTI Systems today announced that the company is entering the new year powered by its strongest annual revenue to date.
An award-winning provider of cloud and metro networking software and systems to content and service providers around the world, BTI is the first mover and deployed leader in defining the Metro Cloud and Data Center Interconnect (DCI) markets. The company's purpose-built software, platforms and services are driving record revenue fueled by an expanding solutions portfolio and a quickly growing roster of strategic customer wins in every major geography.
Industry forecasters predict that metro traffic will eclipse long-haul traffic this year, and will account for nearly two-thirds of all IP traffic by 2018. This meteoric rise in metro network traffic is driven in part by an expected 400+ percent increase in DCI volumes by 2019. ACG Research expects the DCI equipment market overall to grow by a compound annual growth rate of 58.4 percent between 2014 and 2019 to reach more than $4 billion -- with metro DCI expanding much faster than long-haul DCI.
BTI was the first to identify this transition and moved aggressively to capitalize on it. Understanding that inter-data center traffic (traffic between data centers) is growing faster than either data center to end-user traffic or traffic within the data center itself, the cloud networking model requires the transfer of massive amounts of data between multiple data centers in metro areas. Pressured by this explosion in metro traffic volumes while facing space, power and economic constraints, content, colocation and service providers are seeking to deploy new software-driven networking platforms that allow them to scale services rapidly, efficiently and cost effectively.
"Businesses and consumers want anytime, anywhere access to their applications and services -- cost effectively and with no delay," said BTI President and CEO Colin Doherty, who joined the company in April to guide its next stage of worldwide growth. "To address these requirements, content is being pushed closer to the users -- and to accommodate this, content, colocation and service providers are re-architecting their metro networks to handle the added capacity between data centers, access networks and cloud providers. BTI's software, systems and support services lie at the heart of this tectonic shift."
BTI's Intelligent Cloud Connect platform allows content, colocation, internet exchange and service providers to overcome these bottlenecks while rapidly and cost effectively scaling new revenue-generating services. Developed from the ground up to meet the performance, scale, economics and agility demands of the cloud, the platform is being deployed in a rapidly expanding list of the world's most high-performing metro network environments. The open, Software Defined Networking (SDN)-enabled, multilayer platform combines the rich packet processing, network intelligence and flexibility of routing with massive optical capacity and scale -- all while simplifying network operations and management. Demand for these solutions is growing exponentially.
Fueled by record revenue, new product and service offerings, key customer wins, internationally recognized management team additions and ongoing global expansion, BTI substantially strengthened its market leadership position in the metro cloud in 2014.
Customer and Market Growth Highlights:
- Cited as worldwide market share leader in the DCI networking sector by organizations such as ACG Research and William Blair & Company.
- Expanding deployments with multiple market leaders while adding 18 new strategic customers in the year, including announced wins with global data center provider, CyrusOne; Interxion, Europe's leading provider of cloud and carrier-neutral colocation data center services; Pacnet, one of the region's first end-to-end 100GE deployments by Asia-Pacific's top integrated technology solutions provider; and IPC, the U.S.-based leading global provider of specialized communications solutions for the financial trading community.
- BTI cloud networking solutions are now deployed in every major international data center hub, including Tokyo, London, Frankfurt, Sydney, Singapore, Paris, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Chicago, Toronto, San Jose, Dallas, Denver, and the metropolitan New York and Washington, D.C. regions.
- Generating the highest revenue in company history -- nearly tripling the number of metro cloud customers in the past two years with metro cloud revenue approaching half of all revenue in 2014.
- Accelerating performance by logging 28 percent bookings growth in Q4 2014 compared to the same quarter in 2013, while recording an 18 percent increase in annual revenue.
- Adding 25-year global telecommunications industry veteran Colin Doherty as President and CEO and Tim Pillow as SVP, Worldwide Sales, who brings more than two decades of executive-level international and domestic sales management experience. The company also recently named 20-year telecommunications sales executive Aleck Gilner as SVP, Americas Sales.
- Expanding EMEA operations to address demand, appointing James Clegg as SVP, EMEA Sales and joining Euro-IX. BTI also added marquee customers such as Interxion, which is deploying BTI's Cloud Networking Solution as the foundation for the Interxion Cloud Connect platform.
- Being selected as one of five companies to create the Ottawa-based Center of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN) based on an $11.7 million grant from the Canadian federal government.
- Adding to industry honors by earning the 2014 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award in the Data Center Category as well as the Metro Connect Best Technology Innovation Award for advancements in inter-data center connectivity.
- BTI executives invited to share market insights at top global events including Pacific Telecommunications Council, COMPTEL PLUS, Gigaom Structure, OFC and Lightwave Optical Innovation Summit.
New Product/Services Highlights:
- BTI Cloud Exchange Solution with self-service portal - New open APIs in the SDN-enabled BTI proNX Control Software facilitate cloud exchange services, providing colocation and service providers with the ability to let enterprises manage access to multiple cloud providers through a single, reliable network connection.
- BTI 7802 Series - A new converged metro networking platform for metro and regional networks that gives service providers high-capacity wavelength services in a compact SDN-enabled two-slot design, including upgrade options for MPLS Label Switch Routing, ROADM-on-a-blade and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
- Addressing global demand by tripling BTI's support partners network and doubling its own global services group.
- Expanding portfolio of MEF CE 2.0-compliant Carrier Ethernet access and aggregation solutions for cloud connectivity, Ethernet business services and mobile backhaul with three new platforms optimized for 10GE high-capacity access services: the BTI SA-805, the BTI SA-821 and the BTI SA-822.
About BTI Systems
BTI delivers solutions that transform the economics, performance and innovation of global networks through intelligent networking software and systems. Leading content, cloud and service providers choose BTI to drive improved operational efficiencies and profitably deliver high-value services to businesses and consumers around the globe. With more than 380 customers, BTI is headquartered in North America, and operates regional sales, marketing, and R&D centers of excellence throughout the world. For more information, visit www.btisystems.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.