Carol Hanlon, Founding Manager and Business Facilitator of Belmont Business Enterprise Centre Inc. (Belmont BEC / BEC Global) and Founder, Manager and Mentor of Textile, Clothing, Footwear Resource Centre of WA Inc. (including TCF Australia / TCF Global) has been selected by the Hon Michaelia Cash, Minister for Women to participate in the Australian Government delegation to the APEC Women and the Economy Forum in Hue, Vietnam from the 26th-29th September 2017.
Carol is a non-government official delegate to the Forum and the delegation will be led by Australia’s Global Ambassador for Women and Girls Dr Sharman Stone.
Carol Hanlon said, “I am thrilled to be attending the APEC Women and Economy Forum in Vietnam, and will have the opportunity to engage with leaders from across the Asia-Pacific region on critical issues relating to business and women’s economic empowerment,
“I will also get to share best practice, and ultimately impact Australia’s engagement in this preeminent international forum on the advancement of women.” Ms Hanlon said.
Ms Hanlon has a small business background spanning more than 43 years – 20yrs as a small business owner and designer of her own fashion label and 23yrs as Founder and CEO of Not-for-Profit NGO’s, specialising in Small Business Enterprise Development, Community Development, Fashion & TCFL Industry, Womens Empowerment, Global Village and International development projects.
Ms Hanlon is the Founding Manager and CEO of Belmont Business Enterprise Centre Inc. (Belmont BEC est.1994), the Textile Clothing Footwear Resource Centre of Western Australia Inc. (TCF WA est.1998), designedge fashion Incubator, BPW Business Incubator for Women in Business and many other affiliated programs and projects.
Some of Carol’s other accolades include:
- Women in Economy Forum, New Delhi, India Carol was presented 'Iconic Women Creating a Better World for All Award' 2017
- APEC ‘Women and Economy Forum 2015 Philippines, Carol was recognised as Australia’s Icon in the ICONNOGRAPH Exhibition ‘Women Icons of APEC’.
- National Award ‘Empowering women in a community or organisation in Australia’ 2015
- Recognised in Inaugural Western Australian ‘Women’s Hall of Fame’ 2011
- Co-ordinated and delivered mentoring and training projects to more than 25,000 small business clients over the past 23 years, which has included over 16,000 women in business, start-ups and intenders from across Australia
- Collaborated with The Chinese Taipei Foundation for Women’s Rights Promotion and Development to deliver the ‘BPW Business Incubator ONLINE Training & Mentoring Project’ as an APEC Multi Year Project to women in 5 APEC economies during 2014-2015
- Carol presented NGO Forums ‘Empowering Women Entrepreneurs in Business’ at numerous United Nations CSW NGO Parallel events in New York, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017. Carol has also presented at numerous other organisations UN CSW NGO Parallel Sessions in 2011, 2015, 2016.
Belmont BEC | BEC Global | TCFWA | TCF Australia | TCF Global
Belmont BEC | BEC Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1994, and has provided training and mentoring support services to over 20,000+ individuals and small businesses in WA and across Australia to start or improve their small business. Belmont BEC is a specialist in online virtual business incubation, women in business support and has developed an extensive range of Innovative projects and programs to support small businesses.
TCFWA | TCF Australia | TCF Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1998 has assisted over 6,000+ designers and fashion industry small businesses with fashion business skill development, linkages in the global supply chain, International trade and industry networks.