Cool Down at These Top 10 Water Parks Across Canada
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- When we kicked off the summer season a few weeks ago, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, offered their top swimming holes as alternative spots to cool down this summer. Now the team combines summer thrills with summer chills in its list of 10 best water parks across Canada. These parks offer wet 'n' wild adventures ideal for both the young and young at heart.
Canadians love their water parks as evidenced below by these five record-setting water parks that span the country from coast to coast.
- Magic Mountain, Moncton, New Brunswick - Head to Moncton, New Brunswick, for a wet and wild summer experience at Magic Mountain. Catch a wave in the 330,000 gallon wave pool or try the Torpedo, Canada's first skybox drop capsule. There are tamer body slides for those without a need for supersonic speed, as well as tube rides, a lazy river, pools, hot tubs, mini golf and a splash pad just for kids.
- Splash Works Water Park, Vaughan, Ontario - Canada's Wonderland, just outside of Toronto, is home to Splash Works Water Park, a 20-acre water park featuring a wide variety of ways to get wet and wild. Slides are given a rating starting with five, meaning an aggressive thrill (the Barracuda Blaster), four, meaning a high thrill (the Body Blast), down to one, which is a low thrill but still a great way to cool off. The park also boasts one of the largest wave pools in Canada.
- World Water Park, Edmonton, Alberta - This water park in Edmonton might be indoors, but that doesn't minimize the fun you're sure to have here. Located in West Edmonton Mall, the park boasts the world's largest indoor wave pool and has more than 17 unique water-based attractions, including beginner slides, intermediate slides, advanced slides and extreme slides. There are also hot tubs and a rock climbing wall to enjoy.
- Calypso Waterpark, Ottawa, Ontario - If you find yourself in Ottawa this summer, make a beeline for Calypso Waterpark, Canada's biggest theme water park. Here you'll find 100 acres of attractions geared towards everyone from kids to adventure-seeking adults as well as Canada's largest outdoor wave pool, a river run, thrilling slides of various sizes, restaurants, lounge areas, and landscaped picnic areas.
- Granville Island Water Park, Vancouver, British Columbia - Not much in life is usually free, but, if you're looking for some family-friendly fun on Granville Island in Vancouver, head straight for Granville Island Water Park, North America's biggest free water park. Part of the False Creek Community Centre, this water park has a water slide, a large spray pad with all sorts of fun ways to cool off, a toddlers' play area and lots of places to have a picnic.
Rounding out the list of wet 'n' wild parks across Canada are: Cultus Lake Waterpark, Fraser Valley, British Columbia; Shining Waters, Prince Edward Island; Turtle Tide Waterslides, Winnipeg, Manitoba; Wild Water Kingdom, Brampton, Ontario; and Bromont Water Park, Bromont, Québec. To read the thrilling details on these and view Cheapflights.ca's complete list of the 10 Best Water Parks across Canada, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/best-water-parks-across-canada.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Contact Information: Cheapflights.ca Tel: +1 416-788-4573 E-mail: Email Contact Website: www.cheapflights.ca