IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba -- www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced that its IPedge® IP business telephone system has exceeded Marshall County's communications objectives, including improving communication, providing a reliable telephone solution, updating technology capabilities, and reducing costs. Located in Northeastern Alabama, Marshall County (www.MarshallCo.org) was founded in 1836 and is home to nearly 100,000 people.
"Toshiba's IPedge IP business telephone system has exceeded our expectations by providing a reliable, feature-rich communication solution that helped us save more than $30,000 annually," said Steve Turner, IT manager for Marshall County.
Bottom-line benefits: $30,000 Annual Savings by Reducing Tolls, Lines and Maintenance Costs
- Saving $30,000 per year by reducing toll costs and number of lines, as well as maintenance costs;
- Processing more than 3,000 calls per month;
- Networking eight locations together to share centralized applications with 165 users;
- Enabling the IT team to remotely self-administrate the systems;
- Providing Unified Messaging, which enables voice and fax messages to be sent to users' email boxes, saving time to view, save and share messages;
- Improving IT team communication with Call Manager? UC and Unified Messaging applications;
- Enabling mobility with Toshiba's IPMobility application so users can make and receive office calls on their mobile phones; and
- Delivering an affordable IP telephony system with exceptional reliability.
Toshiba IPedge Benefits:
Benefit #1: Affordable, Richly Featured System Connecting 165 Users
Toshiba's IPedge met Marshall County's need for an affordable, richly featured business telephone system. Toshiba's IPedge Net provides seamless networking between two IPedge systems, connecting all 165 users with shared telephony applications across eight buildings.
Benefit #2: Enterprise Manager Remote Administration, Reducing Costs
With Toshiba's browser-based Enterprise Manager, Marshall County's IT team can remotely make moves, adds, changes and global updates to all the IP telephones on the IPedge systems. When they need dealer assistance, it can be done quickly and easily using Enterprise Manager, reducing costs and eliminating wait times for a technician.
Benefit #3: Direct-extension Dialing and Elimination of 50+ Lines, Cutting Costs
With the networked IPedge systems and IP telephones, all 165 users can easily dial each other using their extensions. This enabled the elimination of more than 50 phone lines and cut long distance charges for calls between the County buildings.
About the Toshiba System: Toshiba's IPedge
Installed and serviced by Southeastern Telephone of Birmingham, Ala. (www.SoutheasternTelephone.com), the largest Authorized Toshiba Dealer based in Alabama, Marshall County's new business telephone solution consists of:
- Two IPedge EC IP business telephone systems, installed at two courthouses located in Guntersville and Albertville;
- IPedge Net to connect the two IPedge systems;
- IP Telephones at remote district shops networked to the IPedge systems;
- Connection of eight buildings across the county;
- 165 Toshiba IP desk telephones;
- Toshiba's Call Manager unified communications solution;
- Unified Messaging, delivering a single inbox for email, voice and fax messages;
- IPMobility for mobile integration with the IPedge systems; and
- Enterprise Manager for browser-based remote administration.
"With its Toshiba IPedge systems, Marshall County has taken control of its business communications with a networked solution that provides users at eight government locations with the latest telephony applications," said Curtis Cantrell, CEO of Southeastern Telephone.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the three business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact: Teri Sawyer T&Co. 714-801-1687 Email Contact