MindApps has launched the latest version of The Mindfulness App with guided meditations by some of the world's foremost teachers in meditation and an iOS7-design launched in 10 different languages.
MindApps Founder Magnus Fridh says that since launch, the company's vision has always been the same -- to spread meditation and its health benefits all over the world in a simple way and at low cost.
"Since we launched The Mindfulness App we have translated it into 10 languages for over 500,000 users," Mr Fridh said. "So far more than 5 million meditations have been completed through our apps and it´s been #1 in the App Store Health&Fitness category in 11 countries.
"But the most important news is the In App Store where you can buy meditations by some of the world's foremost and most influential meditation teachers, such as Jon Kabat-Zinn, Jack Kornfield, Pema Chodron and Sharon Salzberg."
All the familiar smart functions are included, such as voice guided meditations varying in length from 3 to 30 minutes, quiet meditations and the ability to set reminders based on time and place.
Scientific research proves that regular practice of meditation and mindfulness both prevents and reduces the risk for stress related illnesses.
"While we had high expectations for the app when it was launched, the positive response we’ve received from around the world has been nothing short of astonishing," Mr Fridh said. "We want to help make the world a better place by making meditation accessible to all people, wherever they are, using the mobile phone we always carry with us."
# 1 Paid Health App in 11 Countries
Brief about the app:
- You can easily choose the type of meditation that suits you in the moment – for example, if you have some time on the train, in the subway, on the bus, in a queue or if you just want to sit for a while.
- By setting reminders at times and days of your choice you can get a message when it’s time to meditate.
- You can be guided by a voice or just meditate in silence with bells ringing at different times.
- You can also design your own meditation for as long as you want it to last.
- Completed meditations are stored in the statistics section so that you have a possibility to follow how your meditation practice is developing over time.
- The statistics section, where you keep track on your meditation journey, has a more distinct design.
- The meditations are divided into categories, enabling for you to find just the type of meditation you need right now.
- All the purchased meditations are saved inside the app. They also automatically synchronize with the other functions of the app, and can be preset as default meditation.
- Through the Mindfulness App you can simply “call yourself up” from time to time to check whether you really are there.
The Mindfulness app is a great tool for everyone who wants to become more present in their life, both beginners and more experienced practitioners.
Our vision is to make the world discover meditation and its benefits.
We want to help making the world a better place by making meditation accessible to all people, wherever they are.
With our applications, that brings modern technology and the world of meditation together, we want to inspire people of all ages all over the world to get started with meditation. Within a few minutes its possible even if you are a beginner.
Give it a try for just 3 or 5 minutes every day. It will make a change in your life.
It might improve your sleep, result in better relationships, give you a stronger immune system and greater self-awareness.
It can reduce your feelings of stress at the same time as it makes you more effective. In other words your quality of life can improve, as well as your ability to handle the everyday puzzle and negative thoughts that often want to intrude. You might become more grounded and steady and when negative thoughts comes it is easier to see through them.
It´s not just something we say. It is scientifically proven.
We started our company in the fall of 2010 and launched our first app January 2011. We are based in Stockholm, Sweden.
We want everyone to be happy and at peace and we want to develop Apps That Moves Your Mind!