Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 - Tripcover.com.au
- Book Early: Firstly, save by booking your rental car two months ago, sorry :-) If you leave it any longer you will get really stuck, so book ASAP. At least you will know this for next holiday season.
- Use comparison sites: like VroomVromVroom.com.au , http://www.discovery-carhire.com.au/ and www.Oodles.com.au and you are bound to get the best rates.
- Off Airport Rentals: Don’t get the rental at the airport as there are airport loading fees and generally the rates are more expensive. Better to make your way into the city and rent it there of maybe even in the inner suburbs.
- City Versus Suburbs: Check out the rates suburb by suburb as you can sometimes get better deals outside the city centre locations.
- Standalone Car Rental Excess: Don’t take up the car rental companies’ offer to reduce your deductibles or excess liability, more commonly called CDW (collision Damage Waiver) This can nearly double your rental. Use standalone car rental excess reduction sites like tripcover.com.au . Their cover starts at around $9 per day and reduces down to around $5 per day over 15 days and covers ALL incidences including windscreens, single vehicle accidents, overhead damage etc. Use your AU or NZ Frequent Flyer number for a further 10%.
- Discount Codes. Look out for discount codes like this one: 47684365 This will give you a 15% discount with Europcar, for example:
Tripcover’s cause is to offer car rental customers the peace of mind that comes with having their car rental excess covered and not costing an arm and a leg.
Working with Allianz Global Assistance, we have used our combined experience in the travel insurance sector and the car rental industry, to produce this car rental excess cover in the Australian market.
car hire, car rental, Car rental excess insurance, car rental insurance, Tripcover