1. The person concerned is NOT the Imam (religious leader) of Dee Why mosque.
2. The person concerned is a guest visitor from Egypt.
3. He is part of an annual delegation of Quran reciters sent by the Egyptian government to Australia to assist mosque congregations perform night prayers during the fasting month of Ramadhan.
4. The person concerned was scheduled to leave Australia as soon as the holy month of Ramadhan finishes.
5. It is important that he be considered innocent until proven guilty and that due process be allowed to take place.
Dee Why Mosque has been at its current location since 1989 and has proudly served the local northern beaches community for more than twenty years.
For further information, please contact Usamah Alamudi
Email [email protected]
Contact number 02 9982 6102