BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- Jun 11, 2013 --
- Today Entuity®, a leading global provider of enterprise class network management solutions, announced the general availability of Entuity 13.5, a major semi-annual release of its award-winning software.
Significant new functionality has been added to Entuity 13.5 in the following areas:
- Embedded Events Management System - Entuity's rules-based events management system improves operational efficiency and business focus by reducing the number of escalated events to improve visibility, reduce distractions and make events more actionable. Other event management systems often generate 'event storm overload' or 'blinking light blindness' rendering the system useless for troubleshooting and solving even the most critical issues. The system delivers the benefits of enterprise class network event management with major differences from traditional events management systems typically found only in expensive frameworks:
- It's ready to run out-of-the-box. Far from being a development project, the system comes with a dozen predefined rules from which users can choose and which are based on the best practices of major customers worldwide. These rules include N of M/Holdoff, Flapping Detection, Pattern Detection, Event Enrichment, Escalation and Correlation.
- Users can customize the system to handle events based on defined conditions and specific workflows, which is easily done through the Entuity UI. There is no need to edit cryptic configuration files or to learn a new scripting language.
- Events are raised in real time to notify a user that something has just happened. An "Incident," which is a consolidation of multiple related events, indicates that there is a situation that needs attention. Incidents help to avoid clutter and add focus to ongoing situations that may impact service. The system includes over 100 preconfigured Incident types, which users can customize. They can also define their own Incident types.
- Events can be correlated from multiple devices spanning different networks to create meaningful incidents.
- Unresolved incidents can trigger built-in automated escalation and notification features.
- Event rule debugging is made simple by interactively changing parameters in the Entuity UI. No need to search for scripting errors or configuration file problems.
- Neither Integration nor a separate interface is needed. The system is fully embedded in the Entuity all-in-one product, meaning there are no separate requirements for installation, deployment, maintenance, or scaling. This is made possible through Entuity's unique extensible architecture.
- An additional Health Status Indicator is also included to help you gauge the level of intensity with which you can trigger events, helping to keep it manageable.
- This functionality, included at no extra charge and with no capital and few operational expenses, is a great value that only a fraction of large enterprises could afford until now.
- Quote, attributed to Jim Frey, Vice President, Network Management Research, Enterprise Management Associates, Inc.
"The challenges associated with keeping on top of the constant stream of network and infrastructure management events are well known. Entuity has addressed this directly with its new advanced/embedded event management features. In this implementation, Entuity has successfully avoided the majority of pitfalls that exist with historical technologies for effectively managing, correlating, escalating, and otherwise manipulating event streams. The result is a powerful and incremental set of features that will go a long way in helping Entuity solution users to adapt the system to their specific environment and needs. Further, adding such advanced capabilities directly into the core product at no extra charge should be nothing short of a delight for network and infrastructure managers everywhere."
- Quote, attributed to Julian Renecke, Director, Netspeed
"Entuity 13.5 is going to make our customers extremely happy when they see the new capabilities of event management within the product. Entuity has greatly improved upon traditional event management found in NMS products to deliver a sophisticated system that's easy to use. For example, creating reusable conditions and variables that can be applied in multiple actions lets you effortlessly create your own customized rules for event processing. Additionally, the new embedded Events Management System comes with an extensive list of predefined rules that simplify developing an event management process that will meet the varied needs of IT organizations. It delivers more than we expected."
- Service Overlays for Topology Map Views - Entuity's Topology maps provides rich, at-a-glance representations of what's happening on the network. Entuity 13.5 enhances the Topology Maps with new graphical display options that enable more customized views of network information. Different types of data can be visually represented through simple adjustments using the web UI. The Overlay Mode allows users to limit the topology map to their personal field of interest by highlighting only devices and links contained in a service or view. For example, a Topology Map can be generated that shows only those parts of the network responsible for the Email Service. Status Mode shows whether links and devices are in an up or down state, and Utilization Mode provides color-coded link and device utilization levels.
- Quote, attributed to Bojan Simic, President & Principal Analyst, TRAC Research
"TRAC's research shows that the value of IT performance data is defined by the context in which it is presented. Entuity's 13.5 release is well positioned to address one of the key challenges that organizations are facing around network performance management - making performance data actionable and relevant. The solution includes robust capabilities for processing and correlating network performance data which enables organizations to reduce time spent on dealing with performance issues and prioritize events based on the business impact."
- Data Access Enhancements - Entuity 13.5 enhances data access through on-the-fly data extraction for outside use, including CSV export from interactive charts and CSV from the Explorer Advanced tab. No backend or other pre-configuration is required. Entuity is also the most open network monitoring system when compared to others. Virtually all collected data can be easily exported for use with 3rd party tools to either generate advanced analytics or produce custom reports with no restrictions.
- Other Enhancements - Entuity 13.5 also includes improved administration, improved integration with Cisco, Alcatel, Oracle and BMC, technology updates for F5, Alteon, A10, Cisco ACE and Netscaler, and platform updates for Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle Enterprise Linux. Over time, Entuity has been recognized repeatedly for producing new device updates in the least amount of time. Entuity customers rarely have to wait more than a few days to take new devices under management.
- Entuity 13.5 will be generally available beginning in June 2013.
- Multimedia Elements
Entuity is a leading independent provider of network management software for both large and small networks supporting enterprises worldwide.
Entuity integrates all the requisite, contemporary network management functionality including automated, continual discovery of inventory and topology; configuration monitoring; event alerting and root cause analysis; elemental performance; integrated application flow; and extensive reporting into a single solution.
Built on an intelligent architecture, Entuity delivers unprecedented scalability to cost effectively and effortlessly accommodate new technologies and unlimited network expansion. Leveraging this innovative architecture, Entuity's all-in-one solution equips IT organizations to deliver network predictability and control through a high degree of automation and comprehensive metrics. Enterprises, system integrators and cloud service providers can now easily manage network services and assets to meet service level commitments for reliable, always-on service delivery both today and in the future.
Entuity is highly regarded for its rapid deployment, ease of use, and low cost of ownership. Entuity customers include organizations such as ABB, Airports Company South Africa, Sanofi, Astra Zeneca, Nokia, BMC Software, CLS Services, DIRECTV, Dell Computer, Pernod Ricard, Grupo Modelo, Air China, and WorldPay. For more information, please visit entuity.com or call (508) 357-6344 (North America) or +44 (0) 20 7444 4800 (EMEA).
Entuity and the Entuity logo are registered trademarks of Entuity, Ltd. All other marks and names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.