HVAC Contractors Save Time and Money by Troubleshooting ColorTouch Thermostats From Virtually Anywhere
CHATSWORTH, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Venstar®, a leading thermostat and energy management systems supplier, today announced its newest capability: Supply Air Sensor Monitoring. When used with the ACC-DSEN supply air sensor, this technology enables contractors to troubleshoot their ColorTouch® clients' HVAC units from virtually anywhere via the Internet.
"We are proud to offer Supply Air Monitoring for ColorTouch thermostats, which enable contractors to save time and money while offering their clients the very best in customer service," said Steve Dushane, Venstar's CEO. "With Supply Air Sensor Monitoring, HVAC pros can call their customers and offer help before customers even become aware there is an issue."
Supply Air Monitoring features include the ability to:
- Compare supply duct temperature to the thermostat's current heating or cooling demand;
- Compare supply duct temperature to the actual room temperature;
- Compare supply duct temperature to outdoor air temperature; and
- See the high and low supply duct temperature history (resets automatically at midnight).
About ColorTouch Residential Thermostat
The ColorTouch thermostat has won top awards for ease of programmability, color touch screen, and ability to post up to 100 photos or graphics on the screen. Its multi-functional, simple-to-use, richly featured, programmable touch screen thermostat has customizable backgrounds, including the users' own photos, and more than a dozen pre-set themes, including holiday themes. It also includes a free mobile app for Android™ and iOS mobile devices so contractors or homeowners can remotely access and control their ColorTouch thermostats. Compatible with virtually every type of heating and air conditioning system, ColorTouch can be configured to display one of three languages: English, French or Spanish. ColorTouch is the thermostat that thinks it's a digital picture frame!
About ColorTouch Commercial Thermostat
The award-winning ColorTouch programmable commercial thermostat is multi-functional, simple-to-use and richly featured. Its programmable scheduler keeps occupied periods comfortable while reducing energy use for unoccupied periods. Its color touch screen can be set up to show company logos, ads and promotions as well as a picture gallery of up to 100 files to be used as a slideshow. ColorTouch was recently upgraded to add built-in humidity control. Compatible with virtually every type of commercial heating and air conditioning system, ColorTouch can be configured to display one of three languages: English, French or Spanish.
Once a Venstar Skyport™ Cloud account is created online, users can use Venstar's free mobile app on their Android, BlackBerry® and iOS mobile devices or directly from the Web to:
- Instantly access up to 100 commercial locations;
- Easily monitor and control comfort settings at multiple buildings and office locations, including monitoring room temperature, supply air temperature, humidity, outdoor air temperature, run-time hours, and more;
- View incoming alerts via email on pre-configured notifications, such as important updates on the health of the system or simply if the inside temperature has gone above or below pre-set limits. The servicing contractor may also receive email alerts;
- Monitor thermostat information, including system run times and current usage, for each thermostat at all locations;
- View a pictorial display of the current weather and weather forecast for all thermostat locations;
- Schedule holidays for up to 365 days of each year, including reoccurring unoccupied days so that the thermostat can be set to "unoccupied" during those periods;
- Prevent unauthorized use by auto-screen lock or set point limiting; and
- Send text messages from the mobile device to the thermostat display, such as reminders and notes.
Founded in 1992, Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) supplier, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar's Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 25 percent of their energy costs, which translates to tens of millions of dollars in savings each year and dramatic reductions in C02 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of more than 15,000 retail locations across the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Visit Venstar: www.venstar.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2313154
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2313157
Michele JohnsenP: 818-618-1314