CIOs From Private Sector, Union and Government to Demonstrate ROI of Mobile, Social and Cloud Business Processes
RESTON, VA -- (Marketwired) -- The convergence of mobile technology and social technologies in the business environment is the subject of Appian World 2013, the premier gathering of business and IT leaders who are changing how work gets done in their organizations. Appian, a Reston, Virginia-based business process management (BPM) company, is hosting their 5th annual users conference in Washington, D.C. from April 29-May 1.
Appian World (#AppianWorld) will bring together more than 600 technologists and business analysts from large businesses, federal and state government agencies and labor unions and other non-profits to discuss the value of combining business process management, social collaboration, native mobile access, and portable cloud delivery into a single platform for enterprise-wide worksocial solutions. Appian worksocial is an out-of-the-box work automation platform that is scalable and makes every enterprise application available to all employees on any device.
Appian President and CEO Matt Calkins said, "Appian World 2013 will showcase how leading organizations are using worksocial to fundamentally change how they operate and how they engage their customers and constituents." Moreover, Calkins said, "Worksocial is a profound, permanent disruption of how work gets done within an organization and across its value chain."
Appian customer CIOs and organizational leaders presenting their government and industry worksocial innovation success stories at the conference include:
- Brian Flynn, EVP & Global CIO of Crawford & Company: "Galvanizing Action in Times of Catastrophe"
- Will Barrett, Senior Operations Office at Bank of Tennessee: "Worksocial Pays Dividends for the Financial Customer Experience"
- John Verburgt, Sr. Director of BPM at PPD: "Getting Started with BPM: Tips From a Pro"
- Kevin Dalley, IT Director at Punch Taverns: "Pushing Process to the Edge of the Enterprise"
- Chris Goldsberry, Development & Sustainability at EDP Renewables NA: "Lean Startup Techniques for Rapid BPM Success"
- Dion Beuckman, Department Manager-Rideshare at Enterprise Holdings: "Using Worksocial to Expand Emerging Lines of Business"
- Timothy White & Marcio Ross, Developers at 407 ETR: "Integrating the SOA Enterprise with Appian"
- Phil Klokis, CIO of GSA Public Building Service: "Re-architecting Federal IT to Put the Customer & Taxpayer First"
- Raj Subramanian, CIO of Ohio Office of Budget and Management: "Modernizing Government IT for Efficiency and Service"
- Matt Richard, CIO of Laborers International Union of North America: "Modernizing IT with Worksocial: Starting Fast, Aiming High"
The conference will also feature a roundtable discussion on "Public Sector Mobility" moderated by Tom Suder, President of Mobilegov and Industry Chair of the ACT/IAC Advanced Mobility Working Group. Panelists will include Ohio OBM's Subramanian; Larry Melton, former GSA Assistant Commissioner for Facilities Management; and Jason Adolph of Serco (referencing Mobile BPM work done for the Dept. of Veterans Administration's "VA for Vets" program).
Analysts and Experts also presenting include:
- Nitin Pradhan, former CIO of US Dept. of Transportation & CEO of LaunchDream LLC, discussing "Public/Private Innovation"
- Nick Gall, VP & Distinguished Analyst at Gartner, Inc., discussing "A Strategic Approach to BPM"
- Michael zur Muehlen, Assistant Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology, discussing "The Lifecycle of Intelligent BPM"
- Derek Miers, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, discussing "The Jewel in the Crown -- Building the Engagement Platform"
- Clay Richardson, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, discussing "Design for Disruption -- Take an Outside-In Approach to BPM"
Appian World 2013 takes place April 29-May 1 at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C. Register today at http://www.appianworld.com/appianworld/registration.jsp.
Social Media: #CIOs to address future of #socbiz #worksocial at #AppianWorld April 30 in DC
Social Media: #Social, #mobile, #cloud redefined as #worksocial at #AppianWorld April 30 in DC
Appian delivers everything needed to drive better business decisions, actions and results. All the data, all the processes, all the documents and all the collaborations -- in one environment, on any device, through a simple social interface. The Appian BPM Suite is available on-premise and in the cloud, with complete portability. More than 3.5 million users, from Fortune 100 companies to the mid-market and small businesses worldwide, trust Appian to power their critical business processes. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
P: +1 703.442.1067