Latest Release of Smart IT Software Delivers Comprehensive, Multi-Tenant Support for Amazon Web Services and vCloud Director
RESTON, VA -- (Marketwired) -- IT management software provider ScienceLogic Inc. announces enhanced and extended support for hybrid cloud monitoring and management in the latest release of its award-winning ScienceLogic Smart IT platform. Highlighted in this release are significant updates to the ScienceLogic Power-Packs that provide smart monitoring policies that are highly automated for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and VMware vCloud Director.
To support today's dynamic infrastructure with "compute anywhere" requirements, ScienceLogic service management views seamlessly show service levels, health, availability, and risk regardless of where individual service delivery resources (e.g., storage, database, web servers, etc.) reside -- in the data center or in the cloud. Designed to support multi-tenant operations for service providers or enterprises, ScienceLogic Smart IT software provides an ultra-flexible and unified monitoring and management platform for hybrid cloud and converged compute environments. Hundreds of ScienceLogic Power-Packs work out-of-the-box to collect data from any computing source and present actionable information in context that drives Smart IT policies.
New in ScienceLogic v7.3
- Advanced Monitoring of AWS provides the most comprehensive set of performance, availability, and billing information in easy-to-analyze dashboard views, across multiple Amazon accounts, services, and regions.
- Advanced Monitoring of VMware vCloud Director automatically applies service level monitoring for VMware cloud assets across public, private, and hybrid cloud environments, making ScienceLogic the only product on the market to support fully multi-tenant operations for VMware cloud assets.
- Dynamic Component Mapping provides automated relational mapping and continuous, intelligent updates to status of individual systems that make up highly dynamic, complex infrastructures, such as Cisco UCS, VCE Vblock, and virtual environments using vMotion.
- ScienceLogic's single RESTful API provides access to all performance, fault, configuration and analytics data.
"We believe that every IT organization will run hybrid operations -- whether that means multiple vendors and service providers or a mix of data center, public, private, and hybrid cloud assets," said Jeremy Sherwood, ScienceLogic Cloud Strategist. "To support this vision, ScienceLogic software has always been vendor-agnostic, and we continue to follow our mission to simplify what is becoming an increasingly complex and dynamic operational environment, with centralized, automated policy-based management. The new release takes this commitment to the next level to ensure seamless management in hybrid and converged compute environments, enabling IT to move at the speed of business today."
GA: May 2013
- ScienceLogic Platform: http://www.sciencelogic.com/product
- ScienceLogic Storage Management: http://www.sciencelogic.com/product/technologies/storage
- Read the ScienceLogic Blog: http://blog.sciencelogic.com/
- Follow ScienceLogic on Twitter: @ScienceLogic
- Like ScienceLogic on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ScienceLogic
- Request a ScienceLogic Demo: http://www.sciencelogic.com/demo
ScienceLogic is the award-winning developer of Smart IT™ software. Our mission is to empower companies to visualize, automate, and modernize their IT operations, maximizing efficiency and effectiveness with the operational intelligence needed to run the business smarter. We provide unified monitoring and management solutions for modern IT environments -- from the data center to public, private, and hybrid clouds -- and deliver the scale, security, automation, and resiliency necessary to simplify the exponentially harder task of managing resources, services, and applications that are constantly in motion.
ScienceLogic won InfoWorld's 2013 Technology of the Year award, Red Herring Global 100 Award, Red Herring Top 100 North America Award, Deloitte's 2012 Technology Fast 500™, and MSPmentor 250 among others. ScienceLogic is a selected Network Management Module in the Cisco Smart Business Architecture; Registered Developer in the Cisco Developer Network Program; certified by VCE as Vblock Ready; certified as VMware Ready and a VMware Elite Technology Alliance Partner; Dell Independent Software Vendor partner; NetApp Platinum Elite Partner. For more information, visit www.sciencelogic.com.
ScienceLogic is a trademark of ScienceLogic Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other company, product and service marks may be trademarks or service marks of others.