How to choose the right Australian Press Release Distribution for your needs.
NewsMaker is one of Australia's most successful Press Release Distribution companies. We've been providing Press Release Services since 2005 and we have a great track record with Google News and mainstream Media Coverage.
It's very easy to choose a Media List that is tailored to each Press Release. Also, you don't need to pay any hefty upfront fees - the system is just so flexible and easy to use.
Start by creating an account, then open the Press Release Template.
Select the Press Release Service Level - Premium means 'online only' including Google News; PR PRO includes premium press release and allows you to select a media list; PR PRO Email only does not include the online press release, so use this for embargoed releases and let us know when you want to publish your presss release online (if at all).
Complete Press Release Template - it's a good idea to cut and paste into a plain text editor first to clear formatting first.
Edit your press release - bold, italics, bullet points, spacing - any hyperlinks will become dynamic when published
- Add your company profile (boilerplate) and contact details
- Add a profile for any third party - be sure to gain their permission
- Send yourself a test email and proofread your release
- Ensure you have keywords in the headline and first paragraph to improve News Indexing.
- Upload any media files to support your release (photographs, video, audio, logos and supporting documents).
- Select a media distribution list from our database of 10,000 media contacts - by Category, Type and Region
- Pay for your release using PayPal - $44 per category or $33 for nonprofits.
1. Select Media Subject Categories
2. Select Media Types
3. Select Media Distribution Regions.
You can save up to 3 lists for future use and editing.The more you use NewsMaker, the more time you save.
Click on "Email my press release" then "Publish & Distribute" . A NewsMaker editor will then review to ensure the release complies with our content and media distribution guidelines.
- What happens to your press release
- How to write for social media
- How you benefit from keywords
- How to wrote a Company Boilerplate Profile for your press release
When you have completed these steps and PayPal has verified your credit card payment, the NewsMaker engine takes over:
- Automatically generates a journalist distribution list
- Automatically distributes your media releases by email
- Automatically publishes your release on the NewsMaker website
- Links back to your website (also ensure the press release is published on your website and linked back to NewsMaker as this further increases searchability of your keywords).
Important: Review NewsMaker’s Terms & Conditions before submitting a press release. NewsMaker reserves the right to refuse to publish a release for any reason.
The web and all its communities can take your content to a whole new level – and a whole new audience of potential customers. Your audience is millions of people with internet connections and access to search engines and RSS readers.
These are the new tactics for “social media releases”:
- Send press releases for smaller announcements as well as large ones.
- Write press releases that contain words and phrases that will appeal directly to your buyers.
- Include lots of ‘keywords’ – words and phrases your customers use for search.
- Create links in releases to deliver potential customers to landing pages on your website
- Make sure your landing pages are relevant to the press release to continue the momentum and guide your customer through the sales process.
How you benefit from the power of keywords
NewsMaker's innovative system maximises the benefits of keyword search. Media release headlines are displayed on our homepage for 1 or more days. We store your media releases in a highly searchable database so they can be found and listed (indexed) by news aggregation crawlers. This increases the reach of your message to a global audience, as well as to journalists and editors who visit the website or receive news alerts direct to their desktops.
How to develop a Boilerplate Company Profile
To ensure you don’t miss critical aspects about your organisation, develop a boilerplate. This is a mini corporate profile that you include at the end of every press release. It usually tells: the organisation’s core values, when and why it was founded, whom it represents, regions of operation, website address. This should be approximately 100-200 words in length.Join now - creating an account is FREE!