Big hair and plastered on make-up may work for you if you’re on a reality TV show, but in the real world too much makeup and bad hair can ruin your night of celebration. So what should a girl do to make sure her make-up enhances, rather than detracts from her outfit?
We asked professional make up artist Lauren Nolan for some tips to ensure you look the best on your big night. She believes that too many people fail to prepare their faces for their big night out, and that with just a little time each day doing some basic steps, young ladies can really improve the end result.
Lauren believes that these simple strategies listed below should be part of everyone’s beauty routine, and she recommends all girls make a special effort to take action about 8 weeks prior to their Makeup Artist arriving to apply their makeup.
”If you are going to invest in a dress for your big night, it’s also worth considering investing in a professional makeup artist to complete the finishing touches,” says Lauren. “By actioning these 5 recommendations will ensure you have a beautiful outcome.”
Here are Lauren’s - 5 Things Your Makeup Artist Wants You to Know!
1. Have your eyebrows waxed and shaped by a Professional – not your best friend please! Do this at least 1 week before the big night.
2. 8 weeks before the big night set up a good skincare routine if you do not have one. Invest in some good quality natural skincare – try Bellaboo it is designed for young skin and is not expensive
3. Cleanse your skin morning and night so your skin will glow with a healthy radiance
4. Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate, do you get the hint? This is one of the most important things you should do to get rid of dead skin cells and dry skin patches. Exfoliate at least twice a week before the formal, however, do not exfoliate on the day - the last time you exfoliate should be the day before.
5. Moisturise your skin at least once a day, preferably twice a day and always before applying makeup to your skin. Bellaboo Gorgeous Skin Moisture Dew is a non-greasy product and it works well on young skin so give it a try.
If you follow these simple steps to prepare for your High School Formal then your Makeup Artist will have beautifully a polished canvas to work on and the end results will be simply stunning. Remember: If the formal dress is the cake, a girl’s makeup and hair are the icing.
Lauren Nolan MUA works closely with www.makeupnet.com.au as an advisor to their online Makeup store.
Preparing for your High School Formal
Makeupnet.com.au offers a color revolution in Makeup. It's about challenging the norm, doing things your way - and getting away with it! Our dare-to-wear cosmetics boast an unmatched color payoff so you can create looks as vivid and unique as you are.
Our skincare ranges are made from natural & organic ingredients to help you achieve a healthy radiant complexion & they are made right here in Australia
Our online Makeup boutique offers new and exciting products to the Australian market and we promise a great experience!
Our Makeup Artist Lauren Nolan is here to help with colour selections and makeup tips and advice..just ask!