ASX was highly rated in all the criteria of adult occupant protection (front, side, and rear impacts), child occupant protection, pedestrian protection and safety assist.
In order to enhance its safety performance, ASX is equipped with the following features:
1. Reinforced body RISE(Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) for all-directional impact safety (front, side, and real)
2. Front seatbelts utilized force-limiter and pretensioner systems
3. SRS airbags for driver and passenger seats
4. SRS knee airbags that catches the driver’s legs in the time of a frontal crash, controlling the driver’s posture.
5. SRS side & curtain airbags
6. Whiplash-reducing front seats
7. ISO-FIX anchorage that certainly secures child seat
8. Pedestrian safety protection body
9. Active Stability Control (ASC), Antilock Brake System (with Electronic Brake Distribution and Brake Assist) that increases turning and braking performances.
ASX has also received a similar result from Australian safety testing ANCAP*, proving its high quality safety performance.
*ANCAP is an organization operated by governments and motoring groups of Australia and New Zealand. Stands for "Austrasian New Car Assessment Programme".
For more information, please contact:
Public Relations Department
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
Head of Corporate Communications
Telephone: (08) 8275 2348
Mobile: 0408 320 797
About Mitsubishi Motors Australia
Mitsubishi Motors Australia is part of the global Mitsubishi Motors organisation and is fully owned by Mitsubishi, one of the world's largest companies.
The company's history dates back to 1870, when Mitsubishi's Japanese founder, Yataro Iwasaki, started a shipping company with three steamships. The company grew from strength to strength and, in 1914, registered the Mitsubishi three-diamond trademark. This symbol embodies more than 130 years of tradition, and has earned the confidence and trust of customers all over the world.
Mitsubishi takes great pride from knowing that more than 11 million people from around the world have chosen to drive a Mitsubishi vehicle. There are Mitsubishi dealers in more than 200 sites across Australia. These professional and knowledgeable dealers help owners ensure their Mitsubishi car is always looked after by fully-trained Mitsubishi technicians, using genuine Mitsubishi parts that meet stringent global standards.
Mitsubishi Motors works hard to develop cars that provide comfort, space, flexibility and safety; Outlander is one of them, including a range of advanced technologies such as Super All Wheel Control, Smart Keu and Bluetooth hands-free.
P: 08 8275 7250
M: +61 0417 243 719