If Santa left a gift of weight gain under the tree this year, it's time to get organised and return it before you unwrap it and it gets out of control!
According to Louise D’Allura, Home Economist and Personal Organiser with Revamp Professional Organisers Pty Ltd, "If you’re anything like the average person, chances are you gained between 1-3 kilos during the feast-ive season’s eating-and-drinking roller coaster."
“In the lead up to New Year’s and the next round of festivities, treat each meal in its own right. Don't worry about what you had the day before - just focus on eating healthy foods at every meal you can. So, instead of eating left over cheesecake for breakfast, eat wholegrain cereal, yoghurt and beautiful stone fruit that is in season. When morning or afternoon tea comes, eat a slice of cheese cake with berries and cherries when you're really awake to really enjoy it.” said Ms D'Allura.
If you’ve started thinking about your resolutions for 2011, Ms D’Allura suggests adding ‘get organised for healthy eating’ to your list.
“One of the proven methods for losing weight is being organised. We don’t often realise it, but the way we organise our lives has a big impact upon our health.”
In an Australian survey on obesity, one in five experts ranked time pressure as the single most important social trend underlying the rising rates of obesity.
This Home Economist and personal organiser has spent the last few years working with busy high-achieving professional women as well as busy full time mums with a professional past, to simplify every day life by getting kitchens and pantries and home paperwork organised, teaching menu planning skills with a twist, and the fundamentals of how to Get Organised for Healthy Eating.
Revamp Professional Organisers Pty Ltd is launching an online version of their Get Organised for Healthy Eating Program previously available only to their private clients.
The on-line version, Get Organised for Healthy Eating in 21 days, introduces participants to the six elements via emailed e-classes over three weeks. It is based on the belief it takes 21 days to create a habit.
Program Participants fill in a questionnaire and have a follow up 20 minute one-on-one consultation before receiving their first e-class.
“Our goal is to help each participant prioritise the fundamentals that are their stumbling blocks. We strategise the aspects they need to focus on over their 21 day introduction to the six elements.”
The program is being launched in mid January and can be started at any time of the year via the website www.TheRevampExperience.com.au.
Here’s a sneak peak of the six fundamentals you’ll learn:
- Fundamental 1: Know your food philosophy. Knowing this unlocks why you are eating in the first place!
- Fundamental 2: Get knowledgeable about your food and how to cook it. This is really about cutting the clutter and get back to basics! Quick and easy recipes and teaching the best creative cooking strategies.
- Fundamental 3: Get your kitchen and pantry organised. Get started just by looking for items out of date, and what healthy grab and go snacks you have on hand?
- Fundamental 4: Menu planning your way. This is all about stop fighting who you are! If you have a hard time with meal planning, take the free Menu Planning Personality Profile quiz to uncover your Menu Planning Personality at www.therevampexperience.com.au/menu-planning-personalities.htm
- Fundamental 5: Eat well, often, mindfully and being a conscious cook. We tend to eat out of habit. If you’ve ever gone a party and eaten snacks constantly or eaten popcorn during the movies, you know what mindless eating is all about.
- Fundamental 6: Move more! At this time of year we feel pulled in different directions and unfortunately the thing that tends to drop off our list of priorities is ‘me’ time or workouts. Do what you can to keep moving.
Ms D’Allura first began working in the area of Nutrition in 1997 and established her company in 2009. “A lot of our clients can’t work out why their home doesn’t function as efficiently as their workspace. The difference is they have the support of colleagues and personal assistants. In the domestic setting it is all you. We use our skills to identify how to streamline and simplify your everyday life – everything from the laundry to meal time mayhem, and identifying their organising and thinking errors that are stopping them from getting healthy.”
Sign up for the program at www.TheRevampExperience.com.au or call Louise on 0408 723 559 for more information.
Sign up for their free monthly newsletter at their website or their daily organising tips on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheRevampExperience or via Twitter www.Twitter.com/RevampEXP
Revamp Professional Organisers Pty Ltd
Revamp Professional Organisers Pty Ltd is a Brisbane-based professional organising company that helps busy people with all sorts of distractions, find a better balance between the things they need to do and the things they love to do. They work with busy professional women as well as busy full time mums with a professional past, to simplify every day life by getting kitchens and pantries and home paperwork organised, teaching menu planning skills with a twist, and how to Get Organised for Healthy Eating.
They have a free monthly newsletter, and share daily organising tips on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheRevampExperience and via Twitter www.Twitter.com/RevampEXP
P: 0408 723 559