SGI Announces Two New Intel(R) Xeon Phi(TM) Processor Family Systems
FRANKFURT, GERMANY -- (Marketwired) -- Jun 21, 2016 -- Today at the International Supercomputing Conference 2016 (ISC), SGI (NASDAQ: SGI), a global leader in high-performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management, announced that Total's SGI® ICE™ X supercomputer, Pangea, was recognized as the industry's top commercial supercomputer in the prestigious TOP500 list.
The TOP500 list ranked the SGI ICE X system as the highest performing commercial supercomputer with 6.7 petaflops (peak). The SGI ICE X is the 5th generation ICE system and powers many of the largest supercomputing environments in the world.
SGI also announced the upcoming availability of two new products based on Intel's recently released Intel Xeon Phi processor, a member of Intel's second generation Intel Xeon Phi product family. The new products will enable SGI to deliver unprecedented cores, threads, memory bandwidth, and TFLOPs on both a per socket and per rack basis by offering compelling solutions for workloads with highly parallelized code and demanding memory bandwidth requirements such as machine learning, computational fluid dynamics and genomic sequencing. Additionally, these products will be an integral part of new system offerings using Intel® Scalable System Framework configurations. These systems provide high performance, scalable, balanced performance with broad application compatibility, reducing system validation time and speeding time to insight. These systems utilize the latest Intel® Xeon® processors and newly announced Intel Xeon Phi processors, and Intel® Omni-Path Architecture to serve increasing customer demands."
The two new SGI products are:
- The new IP-143CS blade, based on the Intel Xeon Phi processor, is designed for the flagship SGI ICE XA system. This highly dense form factor will enable up to 144 Intel Xeon Phi processor nodes per rack and can deliver over 400 teraflops per rack.
- The SGI Rackable® C2112-4KL1 system, a 2U chassis which hosts four independent hot-pluggable nodes. This configuration can deliver up to 80 Intel Xeon Phi processors in a 40u rack.
- SGI ICE X supercomputer was recognized as the industry's highest performing commercial supercomputer at ISC and recognized in the prestigious TOP500 list.
- SGI announced the new IP-143CS blade, based on the Intel Xeon Phi processor, is designed for the flagship SGI ICE XA system.
- Also announced the SGI Rackable™ C2112-4KL1 system, a 2U chassis which hosts four independent hot-pluggable nodes, and is designed for a standard 19inch rack environment.
- SGI debuts using the Intel Scalable System Framework Configurations. These systems provide high performance, scalable, balanced performance with broad application compatibility, reducing system validation time and speeding time to insight.
- The new SGI Intel Xeon Phi processor blade IP-143CS for the SGI ICE XA system contains four single-socket Intel Xeon Phi processor nodes with SGI cold sink (liquid cooled) technology, the new blade contains six 2400 MHz DDR4 memory DIMMS per socket supporting up to 384 gigabytes of memory and up to eight 2.5 inch SATA drives or NVMe drives (2 per logical node). Combining this blade with the ICE XA E-Cell platform enables a density of up to 144 Intel Xeon Phi™ processors per rack.
- The new SGI Rackable C2112-4KL1 system is delivered in a 2U chassis (standard 19 inch rack) which hosts four independent hot-pluggable Intel Xeon® Phi processor modules. Each processor module supports one Intel Xeon Phi processor, six 2400 MHz DDR4 memory DIMMS supporting up to 384 gigabytes memory, and 2 PCIe 3.0 x16 Low Profile slots.
"Our SGI ICE XA systems lead in delivering application performance in both homogeneous systems and hybrid systems with CPUs and accelerators," said Gabriel Broner, vice president and general manager, high-performance computing at SGI. "Our production supercomputers continue to enable our customers to innovate and lead in their field, and occupy prominent positions in the prestigious TOP500 list."
- SGI's ICE X system ranked X on @top500supercomp list. #HPC #ISC16 @sgi_corp @ISChpc http://www.top500.org/list/2016/06/
- @sgi_corp announces new @intel Xeon Phi processor support for #HPC systems http://tinyurl.com/hexu8ux #ISC16
SGI is a global leader in high-performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customers to accelerate time to discovery, innovation and profitability. Visit sgi.com (sgi.com/) for more information.
Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
© 2016 Silicon Graphics International Corp. All rights reserved. SGI, the SGI logo, ICE, Rackable, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Silicon Graphics International Corp. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Intel and Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Grayling Public Relations: Alan Auyeung (415) 593-1884 email@example.com SGI Investor Relations Contact: Ben Liao (669) 900-8090 firstname.lastname@example.org
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71