Bipolar disorder is a mental disorder characterized by periods of mania and depression. The frequency, severity, and pattern of these episodes can vary considerably over time and between individuals, making bipolar disorder one of the most challenging psychiatric disorders to manage. The bipolar disorder market is widely genericized, with additional key brands expected to face patent or data exclusivity expiries during the forecast period. The bipolar disorder market size is anticipated to contract significantly between 2014 and 2024, driven largely by the generic erosion of Otsuka’s Abilify, the highest selling bipolar disorder product in 2014. The uptake of novel atypical antipsychotic products will be a principal driver of growth over the forecast period, as these products offer clinical advantages that will drive strong uptake. However, sales of these agents will be limited by the continued utilization of established generic products. There are currently only two products in Phase III development, which indicates that bipolar disorder will remain a field of high unmet need during the forecast period.
Wiseguy estimates that drug sales for bipolar disorder in the US reached $4.5 billion during 2014, making the US the largest market within the 8MM. A steep decline in sales is forecast to occur between 2015 and 2017, attributed largely to the generic erosion of Otsuka’s Abilify. This will be followed by a more gradual contraction in market size between 2017 and 2020 due to the generic erosion of other key brands such as Dainippon Sumitomo’s Latuda and AstraZeneca’s Seroquel XR.
Check Special Discount@ Bipolar Disorder - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2024
15% Discount available on Single User
Buy 2 Get 3rd Free (Available for Multi brand purchase)
25% Discount on Global Site License. The offer valid till 7-July-2016
- Overview of Bipolar Disorder including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the US including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the US from 2014-2024.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US Bipolar Disorder market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Bipolar Disorder.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2014-2024 in US.
Learn more from Sample Report @ Bipolar Disorder - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2024
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349