Access Report: Baby Food in India
The number of births in India rose very gradually up to 2013, but has since begun to decline slightly. Living standards are significantly higher in urban areas and this is where the bulk of industrially produced baby foods are sold. However, there is a rising middle class even in smaller towns and rural areas, and manufacturers are targeting these to widen the consumer base. Sales grew rapidly up to 2009, but slowed considerably in 2010, with slight declines in some sectors, and growth has remained subdued since. Per capita intake levels rose by 13% in 2015. Milks dominate the market and have outperformed cereals in volume terms. The baby cereals sector remains overshadowed by the milks sector in value terms, accounting for just 32.8% of market value in 2015, and 27.7% of volume.
• In value terms, baby milk sales in India advanced strongly, by 93.7% in nominal growth terms over the 2009–2015 period. The baby cereals sector achieved even more dynamic growth of 108%.
• The majority of sales are accounted for by milks, which took a 72% volume share, with baby cereals holding the remaining 28%.
• Two companies, GCMMF and Nestlé India, control the bulk of baby food sales in the Indian market, with GCMMF accounting for 46% of volume in 2015, while Nestlé held a 42.2% share.
• The most important outlet for baby food is pharmacies, and some suppliers only sell their baby food brands in this channel. Although many pharmacies are local independent stores, organized retailing has grown rapidly in recent years.
Check Special Discount@ Baby Food in India
15% Discount available on Single User
Buy 2 Get 3rd Free (Available for Multi brand purchase)
25% Discount on Global Site License. The offer valid till 7-July-2016
What else does this report offer?
• Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
• Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
• Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
• Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
• Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
• Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
• Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
• Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
• Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Learn more from Sample Report @ Baby Food in India
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349