Craig Seitam, editor of Competitions & Offers online guide www.shoppersbonus.com.au is available for interesting and humorous interviews for radio, television, newspaper and magazines. But, don't expect a boring subject .Once considered as simple as “you’ve got to be in it to win it", competitions can be won if you know the tricks of the promotions trade, says the "comp-lete" competitions expert, Craig Seitam.
Craig has taken the subject of competitions to a new level, having appeared recently on Today Tonight, That’s Life Magazine, 4BC and 2UE, and in several newspapers.
As a competitions specialist, Craig’s involvement stemmed from a promotions role with Coca-Cola, before starting his agency CBME (Competitions By Me) serving clients such as Mars, Colgate, Kodak, Arnott’s and Johnson & Johnson.
In 2005 Craig set up www.shoppersbonus.com.au, a popular online competitions guide, and late in 2008 released “Competitions – The Book” lifting the lid on some of the promotion industry’s best kept secrets.
As an interview subject, Craig delivers thought provoking insights into competitions including:
- Tricks that "prize hogs" use to try to bend the rules (including inserting sheets of plywood into envelopes)
- Why competitions are a “girl thing”, and how this can be used to entrant’s advantage
- Some of the sillier concepts that have been offered (or suggested) as prizes
- Mistakes that entrants and promoters make
- Why cash is both the best and worse choice of prizes
- How making prize winning phone calls is the hardest part of Craig’s job
- Why rhyming is never a good option in 25 words-or-less competitions
- How different store competitions can have better odds of winning
- Why mail is a more popular form of entry than SMS and 1900 numbers
- Competition scams to avoid like the plague
Forget everything you thought you knew about competitions, by talking to the “comp-lete” authority!
Craig Seitam is a Competitions Specialist and owner of promotions consultancy CBME. www.shoppersbonus.com.au has over 12,000 members. "Competitions - The Book" is available online at www.shoppersbonus.com.au for $14.95 plus delivery and soon (24/12/08) from newsagencies. For any comment on competitions or promotions, please contact Craig on 0416 160 080 or [email protected]