Today DISCOVER WEST celebrates the 1,000,000th visitor that it has generated.
Peter and Lorraine Hay of Brisbane booked an extensive 12 day Self-Drive Holiday throughout Western Australia to become the 1,000,000th and 1,000,001st visitors generated by the company.
The booking was made by Jetset Ipswich, Queensland, via their Travel Consultant Mellissa.
On hearing the news, Jetset Manager Sharon Jones exclaimed: “How exciting for Mellissa to have booked the one millionth DISCOVER WEST client from the other side of the country.” She continued, “Mr and Mrs Hay have booked a wonderful itinerary, visiting Broome, then self driving to the Karijini, the Ningaloo Reef, Monkey Mia, Kalbarri and Perth. They will enjoy the basket of goodies from DISCOVER WEST”.
DISCOVER WEST Group Managing Director Nathan Harding said, “It is with great humility that we look back at our achievements, but our team is especially proud of the economic, employment and social benefits that those million tourists have provided, particularly to the regional areas.”
Mr and Mrs Hay will have a special gift waiting for them when they arrive at their Broome hotel. Mellissa of Jetset Ipswich has a bouquet of beautiful flowers on its way.
The busy team at DISCOVER WEST & DISCOVER AUSTRALIA will stop briefly today to celebrate and recognise the contributions of everyone in this historic accomplishment.
This milestone achievement comes after a series of major developments for the Company, such as the great success and strong growth of DISCOVER AUSTRALIA and the rapid adoption of its new Dynamic Flight Packaging technology. More at www.discoverAustralia.com.au and www.discoverWest.com.au
The Company is privately held. If it were listed on the ASX it would be in the top 35% of listed companies.
Read the full Media Release: www.discoveraustralia.com.au/millionth_visitor.pdf
DISCOVER AUSTRALIA HOLIDAYS
Inbound-Wholesale holiday company generating 150,000 tourists per year for Australia and continuing to grow at a strong rate.
• Distributes holiday packages via 4,000 household-name retail travel partners throughout Australia and 1,000
• Produces and broadly distributes various printed holiday brochures.
• Operates 2 of the most popular tourism websites in Australia (discoverAustralia.com & discoverWest.com).
• Promotes Australia via a $2+ million advertising spend.
• Provides online booking facilities for State government tourism websites (visitmelbourne.com, southaustralia.com,
discovertasmania.com, westernaustralia.com, visitvictoria.com).
• Contracts directly with accommodation, airline, car hire and touring suppliers to negotiate the best bulk-buy wholesale deals and live ‘instant confirmation’ inventory.
Develops all industry leading technology in-house, including live booking engines for accommodation, car hire & tours.
Released industry-leading Dynamic Flight Packages in early 2010.
The great Australian success story continues. Strong growth is fuelled by delivering superior value for money and superior service through innovative technology and marketing.
P: 08 6263 6421