The Global Industrial Control Systems Market was valued at USD XX.XX in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 12.32 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020. With the technological advancement, automation and computers are being increasingly used to monitor various industries. Industrial control systems help these industries to be safe and protected from various problems. The development of networking technology and the advent of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) have further simplified the industrial processes.
The global industrial control systems market is segmented on the basis of type into Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems, Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controller, and others. On the basis of end user, the market has been segmented into electrical systems, water and wastewater management, oil & gas, transportation, chemical industry, pharmaceutical industry, automobiles industry, food and beverage, durable goods, and others. On the basis of geography, the market has been segmented into North America (United States, Canada), Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, others), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Australia, others), and the Rest of the World.
The industrial control systems market protects industries, such as electric, water, transportation, oil & gas, chemical, food & beverage, automotive, etc., from threats like Stuxnet, Duqu, and Flame. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA) is used to control assets, which are geographically dispersed in places where centralized data control and acquisition is critical to system operations. DCS is used to control industrial processes, such as oil refineries, water and wastewater treatment, electric power generation, and automobile and chemical production. PLC is used to control industrial equipment and processes. Various governments and companies around the world are using this system to protect their infrastructure from various threats from attackers, foreign intelligence, terrorists, and spammers from acquiring control or altering the infrastructure in any way.
The industrial control systems' capability of providing security to the infrastructure against any attack, in a very efficient and precise way is something that might interest the investors in taking this market seriously. The growing usage of smart grids and cloud computing are also equally responsible in making the industrial control systems market more favourable.
However, the usage of the industrial control systems requires strong technical knowledge without which one will find it very difficult to operate on one and hence acts as a restraint for this market. Additionally, the absence of favourable opportunities for new systems in the market also might act as a challenge to this particular market.
Major players of this market are IBM, Tofino Security, ABB, Juniper Networks Inc., and Honeywell International Inc. among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Global Industrial Control Systems Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global industrial control systems market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
Make an enquiry before buying this Report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/enquiry/global-industrial-control-systems-market-growth-trends-and-forecasts-2015-2020
Table of content
1.1 Report Guidance
1.2 Markets Covered
1.3 Key Points Noted
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Definition
3.3 Premium Insights
4. Drivers, Constraints and Opportunities
4.1.1 Provides security to the infrastructure against any attacks
4.1.2 Very efficient and precise
4.2.1 Requires Strong technical knowledge to design
4.2.2 Absence of opportunities for new systems
4.3.1 Use in smart grids
4.3.2 Using cloud computing
5. Global Industrial Control Security Systems, by type of control system
5.1 Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA)
5.2 Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
5.3 Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
6. Global Industrial Control Security Systems, by End User
6.1 Electrical Systems
6.2 Water and Wastewater treatment
6.3 Oil and gas
6.5 Chemical Industry
6.6 Pharmaceutical industry
6.7 Automobiles Industry
6.8 Food and Beverage
6.9 Durable goods
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349