New "Publish to Pyramid Server" Functionality Enables Powerful On-Premise Data Discovery and Sharing Capabilities for Organizations Looking to Become Data-Driven
SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwired - May 25, 2016) - Pyramid Analytics, a leading global provider of enterprise business intelligence (BI) software, has joined with Microsoft to leverage the personal productivity features of Power BI Desktop with its complete analytics platform, BI Office. The new "Publish to Pyramid Server" functionality enables users to publish their reports and visualizations to a centralized repository, integrate data from multiple environments into a single location, and overlay security and administrative governance -- all in a web-based, on-premise or private cloud platform.
"With Pyramid Analytics' BI Office, organizations can maximize their Microsoft BI investment, eliminate security concerns, improve manageability, and provide a richer analytics experience. This new collaborative functionality with Power BI Desktop now makes it possible for Power BI users to keep their content, reports, and data models on-premise or in private clouds, and safely publish and collaborate on content using the rich capabilities of BI Office," said Avi Perez, Pyramid Analytics CTO. "The result is a win for businesses that want to better leverage their investment in Power BI to create an integrated analytics workflow that speeds their ability to compete and become data-driven organizations."
"Pyramid Analytics brings technology that complements Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and uses all of the features of the Microsoft BI stack," said Amir Netz, Technical Fellow, Microsoft. "Pyramid Analytics has a proven record of partnering with Microsoft to deliver analytics solutions to meet the needs of our joint customers."
Enterprises of all sizes will discover a boost in the value of collaborative data decision-making through the following BI Office advantages:
- Provides anytime, anywhere intelligence. Mobility is part of the Pyramid Analytics' strategy and built into the BI Office architecture, giving users a seamless, mobile view of non-public cloud content.
- Unlocks data and insights trapped in individual desktops. Users can leverage the rich BI Office platform to conduct self-service analytics in a shared but secure environment where they can connect to multiple data sources using consistent business logic.
- Integrates with live SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and other corporate content. BI Office provides a single analytics environment where users can integrate views and panels from multiple locations, including in-memory or cube sources, third-party reporting tools such as SSRS, and web-enabled content.
- Widens User Adoption of Microsoft Power BI Desktop. Provides a mechanism to surface content generated by end-users in Power BI Desktop.
- Integrates Multiple Sources in Centralized Dashboards. Provides a single analytics environment where users can integrate content from disparate sources, apply universal interactions, and change context on the fly.
- Extends the Value of SQL Server. Cements Microsoft's SQL Server status as the premier enterprise analytics engine when paired with BI Office, a best-in-class front end.
- Delivers an Enterprise Manageability Framework. Offers an intuitive, local administrative framework to publish and share content generated from Power BI Desktop -- as well as content created directly in BI Office.
- Creates an Integrated End-to-End Analytics Workflow. Delivers complete end-to-end business intelligence that widens end-user adoption without sacrificing IT governance or administrative control.
- Enables Sharing and Collaboration. Provides a platform for users to share content generated in Power BI Desktop and utilize content recommendations and conversation threading.
More information about Publish to Pyramid Server can be found here: http://www.pyramidanalytics.com/powerbiandpyramid/.
About Pyramid Analytics and BI Office: Pyramid Analytics is a global business intelligence leader offering an analytics platform that facilitates companies transforming into data-driven organizations. The company's flagship web-based platform, BI Office, delivers best-in-class analytic functionality for organizations using Microsoft SQL Server -- on-premise or in the cloud. Combining the simplicity and agility that business and IT users want, with the enterprise-class security and governance that organizations need, BI Office expands the reach of BI value and scales adoption via governed collaboration and sharing of dashboards, reports, and advanced analytics across departmental and company boundaries -- to all types of users on any device. Recent reports from key analysts, including BARC and Dresner, have consistently shown rapid advancement for Pyramid Analytics in customer satisfaction, technical capability, and competitive positioning. Pyramid Analytics' teams are based in operational centers across the US, UK and EMEA. To learn more, visit our BI Office microsite and PyramidAnalytics.com site, follow us on Twitter at @PyramidAnalytic, and connect with us on LinkedIn.
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71