MILWAUKEE, WI -- (Marketwired) -- May 24, 2016 -- One in nine* people change residences each year. North Americans relocate primarily because of a new job or job transfer, a need for a new rental unit or a desire to move from the city to the suburbs*. Just in time for National Moving Month, Master Lock is providing consumers with useful security precautions -- before, during and after moving and settling into a new residence.
"For those about to begin life's next big chapter with a move, it may seem like there are a million items on your to-do list," said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. "However, often times basic safety measures are overlooked and items get misplaced, stolen or lost during a move. At Master Lock our goal is to provide valuable security solutions during life's important milestones, including moving into a new home."
Master Lock provides five safety measures for North Americans as they move and adjust to their new residence:
- Replace Exterior Locks: With real estate agents, home buyers or renters, cleaners and construction crews in and out of homes before they are listed for rent or sell, several keys could be handed out and not returned. As a safety precaution, once you purchase or rent a new home, replace all the exterior locks. Installing new exterior locks, such as the Master Lock BCC0615 Door Lock ensures that as the new tenant or owner, you control how many keys exist.
- Consider Moving Insurance: If you're hiring a moving company or have valuable items you're worried might be damaged during the move, consider purchasing moving insurance. Not only will insurance provide financial relief in case anything is mishandled, but it will give you peace of mind and help reduce the stress of moving.
- Unpack and Secure Outdoor Equipment: Unfortunately, when you move you aren't only unpacking boxes inside the home, but you also have to find a place to store your outdoor equipment. If you are using an outdoor shed to store bikes, a lawn mower, outdoor and gardening supplies remember to add a lock to your shed. With Master Lock's Bluetooth Padlocks, you don't have to worry about losing a key or forgetting a combination. Recently recognized for its innovative design with a silver Edison award,** the product turns your smartphone or any Bluetooth-enabled device into a key. With models suitable for outdoor and indoor use, the 4400D indoor padlock and 4401DLH outdoor padlock offer various applications to help keep your possessions protected.
- Protect Your Valuables: Whether you hire movers or enlist others to help you move, these people now have access to confidential paperwork and important documents like passports, birth certificates, social security cards and more. It's important to keep these items locked in a safe during and after the move. Investing in a smaller safe that's easier to transport such as the Sentry Safe H0100 Small Privacy Lock Chest will help ensure that your most important valuables and documents are protected as you settle into your new home.
- Discover Your New Area: Moving can be stressful, but an
exciting part of the process is exploring your new community. Take
a walk or a bike ride to familiarize yourself with the area and
introduce yourself to your neighbors. The fresh air and exercise
will give you a much needed break from unpacking boxes and also
help with your stress and energy levels. If you stop for a smoothie
or a cup of coffee, don't forget to use a Master Lock
8300D Bike Lock to secure your ride.
About Master Lock
The Master Lock Company is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in padlocks and security products. Master Lock Company offers a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for consumer, commercial, and industrial end-users. Master Lock Company LLC is an operating unit of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc., a leading consumer brands company. Headquartered in Deerfield, Ill., Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc. (NYSE: FBHS), is included in the S&P MidCap 400 Index. For more information about Master Lock visit www.masterlock.com.
*According to the US Census
**Master Lock was recognized with a 2016 silver Edison Award for its Bluetooth Padlocks in the "Consumer Electronics & Information Technology" category. The annual Edison Awards honor innovative, new products and services that were recently brought to the market. Judged by a panel of third-party senior business executives from around the world, each finalist was evaluated against four criteria: concept, value, delivery and impact.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=3009424
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=3009440
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=3008581
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=3008584
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=3009432
Contact: Amanda Nagele 630.916.3031 [email protected]
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71