Product life-cycle management (PLM) is an information system that can integrate data, processes, business systems, and eventually people in an extended enterprise. PLM software allows a company to manage information throughout entire lifecycle of product efficiently and cost-effectively. It includes processes from ideation, design and manufacture and disposal of the product.
PLM includes both an information strategy and an enterprise strategy. In information strategy, it includes coherent data structure by consolidating systems. In enterprise strategy, it enables global organizations work as a single team to design, produce, support, and retire products. PLM software empowers business to make unified, information driven decision at every stage of product life cycle
Request Sample of this Report: http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/10634
Features of PLM Software
- Optimize Relationships along the Lifecycle and Across Organizations
- Set up a Single Systems of Records to Support Diverse Data Needs, So That Right People See the Right Information at Right Time, and In Right Context
- Maximize the Lifetime Value of a Business’s Product Portfolio
- Drive Topline Revenue through Repeatable Process
In the today’s information technology world, companies have increased their scale of operations that simultaneously increased their variation in their product portfolio. To manage the entire information about the ideation to implementation of a product has become critical that led to the innovation of a new software named as a product life-cycle management (PLM). Moreover, the functionality of products is increasing, making their development and support more complex. So there is a requirement of product life cycle management (PLM) software to make product development process smoother, across various industries.
However, cost and complexity issues attached with PLM software have been long standing hurdles to widespread PLM software adoption. In the various enterprises application, PLM requires huge cost and complexity in IT infrastructure. It spreads across variety of related applications, demands cross functional corporation, and more often than not, and requires a sizable investment in outside consultants to manage both the technical and organizational aspects of implementation.
Segmentation of product life-cycle management (PLM) IT market on the basis of functions:
System engineering is a field of engineering that focuses on how to design and manage complex engineering systems over their life cycles. It includes issues such as requirement engineering, reliability, and logistics, coordination of different teams, and testing and evaluation.
- Product Portfolio Management (PPM) :
Product portfolio management is a business lifecycle function within a company dealing with the planning, forecasting, and production of a product or products at all stages of product lifecycle. It integrates people, data, process, and business systems.
Product design a function of business organization that includes creation of new product to be sold by the company to its customers
- Manufacturing Process Management (MPM) :
Manufacturing process management is a collection of technologies and methods used to define how products are to be manufactured. It includes manufacturing concept planning, factory layout planning and analysis, mixed model line balancing etc.
North America region is fastest growing market in PLM software adoption. The demand for mechanical computer aided design (MCAD) and electronic computer aided design (ECAD), and other PLM software in countries such as the U.S. and Canada is driving the growth of the market.
Request to view TOC: http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/toc/10634
In Asia-Pacific region, PLM market in aerospace and defense sector holds excellent growth potential. Cloud based PLM software are also gaining popularity in countries such as China and India that will further drive the market.
In Europe region, regulatory compliance, increased safety, enhanced design innovation, and product processes are cornerstones for the growth of advanced PLM software in Europe. Further, intensifying concern about safety and decreasing, maintenance expenditure will catalyze the PLM software market in Europe. In Latin America and Middle East and Africa regions, PLM business and deployment models are undergoing changes due to the innovation of cloud based PLM software.
Autodesk Inc., Dassault Systems, PTC Inc., Siemens Product Life Cycle Management Inc., Oracle Corporation, and SAP SE, are some the leading players of global product life-cycle management (PLM) IT market
View detail report at: http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/market-research/product-lifecycle-management-plm-it-market.asp
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM) IT Market Segments
- Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM) IT Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM) IT Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2024
- Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM) IT Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM) IT Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance