Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection is a serious chronic liver disease caused by the failure of viral clearance following acute HBV infection. Despite the availability of effective prophylactic vaccines, the disease remains a serious global health concern, with estimated over 350 million people worldwide currently living with this condition. In addition, patients with chronic hepatitis B are at a high risk of developing life-threatening complications including liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). In 2010, an estimated 786,000 HBV-related deaths occurred worldwide.
Available treatment for chronic hepatitis B focuses on viral suppression, and include oral nucleos(t)ide analogues (NAs) and pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN). The two therapy classes have distinctive strengths and weaknesses. Nevertheless, most patients are using long-term NA treatment, and suffer from issues such as high accumulated treatment cost and low compliance.
The chronic hepatitis B therapeutics market in the 5EU was valued at $532.1m in 2014. The anticipated arrival of novel branded therapies will be the strongest market driver in the 5EU during the forecast period. These therapies include Gilead’s TAF, a novel NA, along with three adjunct therapies, Arrowhead’s ARC-520, Gilead’s GS-9620, and Gilead’s GS-4774. GlobalData projects these four products will receive licensure in the 5EU in 2017, 2021, 2021, and 2023, respectively.
- Overview of HBV including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in 5EU from 2014-2024.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting 5EU HBV market.
Make an enquiry before buying this Report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/enquiry/hepatitis-b-virus-hbv-therapeutics-5eu-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2024
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for HBV.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2014-2024 in 5EU.
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349