Erythropoietin is a glycoprotein hormone synthesized in the bone marrow that controls and regulates the mechanism of erythropoiesis (production of red blood cells). These erythropoietin (EPO) drugs are used for treatment of chemotherapy-induced anemia; anemia is a common side-effect occurring due to chemotherapy of End Stage Renal Diseases (ESRD), cancer and HIV. Improved recombinant DNA technology has led to development of synthetic forms of erythropoietin such as epoetin alfa, epoetin beta, darbepoetin alfa, epoetin omega, and epoetin delta among the others. The global EPO drugs market is thus driven by increasing number of patients suffering from anemic condition induced due to cancer, HIV and ESRD treatment; favorable reimbursements and increasing commercialization of EPO biosimilars. The global EPO drugs market would reach $11.9 billion by 2020, registering CAGR of 9.7% during 2014-2020.
Amongst all synthetic erythropoietin products, Epoetin alfa and its advance version, Darbepoetin alfa, are the most popular drugs. Epoetin alfa and Darbepoetin alfa collectively accounted for ~80% of total EPO drugs market revenue. Amgen Inc. was first company to innovate Epoetin alfa and Darbepoetin alfa that are branded/patented as Epogen and Aranesp respectively. However, expiration of Amgen’s patent for Epogen has aided manufacturers of biosimilars to enter the EPO drugs market. Availability of numerous biosimilars has rendered low-cost option to the patients, therefore increased adoption rates for EPO drugs particularly in the developing regions.
Do Inquiry For Sample Report @ http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/global-erythropoietin-drugs-market-49144#RequestSample
Based on the applications, the global EPO drugs market is segmented into anemia associated with End Stage Renal Diseases (ESRD), cancer chemotherapy and, antiretroviral treatment (ART). Current research is focused toward expanding the applications of EPO drugs in other disease conditions such as neural diseases and wound healing.
Global EPO drugs market is segmented based on geography into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. Europe is the leading geographical market owing to favorable reimbursement policies and less stringent and speedy regulatory approvals for EPO drugs.
Key companies profiled in the report are, Amgen Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Hospira Inc., Roche, LG Life Sciences Ltd., Biocon, Intas Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd., and Celltrion, Inc.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within EPO drugs market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behavior of market
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions are provided that helps in determining the prevailing opportunities in these geographies
- Key market players within the EPO drugs market are profiled in the report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global EPO drugs market
Visit Complete Report With Table OF Content @ http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/global-erythropoietin-drugs-market-49144#tableOfContent
- The global EPO drugs market is segmented based on products, applications and geography.
MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPES
MARKET BY APPLICATIONS
- Anemia (Cancer and HIV treatment)
- Kidney Disorders (ESRD and Dialysis)
- Others (Neural Disease and Wound healing)
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
Market Research Store
Market Research Store is a single destination for all the industry, company and country reports. We feature large repository of latest industry reports, leading and niche company profiles, and market statistics released by reputed private publishers and public organizations. Market Research Store is the comprehensive collection of market intelligence products and services available on air. We have market research reports from number of leading publishers and update our collection daily to provide our clients with the instant online access to our database. With access to this database, our clients will be able to benefit from expert insights on global industries, products, and market trends.