The COPD and Asthma hold the largest market share within the global respiratory diseases’ market. As estimated by Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA), approximately 300 million people suffer from Asthma globally. COPD was the 3rd leading cause for death with 3 million people in 2013. Variety of drug-delivery methods such as oral and parenteral delivery have been deployed for treatment of COPD and Asthma; however, the pulmonary drug delivery system is the most effective drug-delivery technology as compared to the other (stated) conventional methods. The pulmonary drug delivery system includes devices such as inhalers and nebulizers – that are types of COPD and Asthma devices. Owing to all of the afore-mentioned factors the global COPD and Asthma devices’ market was valued at $25.3 billion in 2013. The global COPD and Asthma devices market is segmented based on product/device types - inhalers and nebulizers. There are three types of inhalers, namely Dry Powder Inhalers (DPIs), Metered Dose Inhalers (MDIs) and Soft Mist Inhalers (SMIs). Currently, MDIs constitute to the largest market share of about 46% of the global COPD and Asthma devices market.
Browse the full report of Global COPD and Asthma Devices Market with the full ToC: http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/global-copd-and-asthma-devices-market-49094
The DPIs is the fastest growing segment owing to the increase in the adoption rate of DPIs (as compared to other types of inhalers). The ability of DPIs to deliver small and large-sized drug molecules, as well as specialty engineered molecules render it to be the most preferred inhaler by the customers (doctors); therefore, contributing largely to the growth of the DPIs segment market.
The other product type segment, i.e. the Nebulizers, is the device wherein the liquid formulation of drug is dispensed with the help of compressed air. There are various types of nebulizers developed and supplied such as Compressor Nebulizers, Ultrasonic Nebulizers and Mesh Nebulizers. The nebulizers hold a largest market share in the Home Healthcare application, as the product design of nebulizers offers benefits to debilitated patients, geriatrics and children.
Geographically, the COPD and Asthma devices market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. North America holds the largest market share followed by Europe. Patent expiry of many brands (of inhalers) leads to increased development and supply of such devices by local market players in the Asia-Pacific market; also coupled with the increasing prevalence of the COPD and Asthma diseases in the Asia-Pacific region, the factors will render high market share for the Asia-Pacific region, by 2020. Some of the key market players included in the report are GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Novartis AG, Merck & Co., Inc., AstraZeneca Plc, Philips Healthcare, 3M Health Care, Allied Healthcare Products Inc., Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., GF Healthcare Products, Smith Medicals, Lincare Holdings Inc., and Baxter International.
Purchase Global COPD and Asthma Devices Market Report, here: http://www.marketresearchstore.com/checkout?reportid=49094&reporttype=0&q=r
- Competitor analysis of the global COPD and Asthma devices market helps to understand strategies adopted by various companies for growth
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential for the period of 2013-2020 in terms of value
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the global COPD and Asthma Devices market
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict growth of the COPD and Asthma devices market is provided. For example, rising prevalence of respiratory disorders would drive the COPD and Asthma devices market; however, environmental concerns are likely to be a restraint of the market
- Market conditions of global COPD and Asthma devices across all geographic regions are comprehensively analyzed. Development of technologically advanced products such as ultrasonic nebulizers and other automated nebulizers are tracked.
- Porter’s Five Forces model gives an in-depth analysis of the bargaining power of buyers and suppliers, threats of new entrants and substitutes and competition amongst the key market players
- The COPD and Asthma devices market is segmented based on product types and geography.
MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Drug powder inhalers (DPIs)
- Metered Dose Inhalers (MDIs)
- Soft Mist Inhalers (SMIs)
- Compressor nebulizers
- Ultrasonic Nebulizers
- Mesh Nebulizers
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle east
Market Research Store
Market Research Store is a single destination for all the industry, company and country reports. We feature large repository of latest industry reports, leading and niche company profiles, and market statistics released by reputed private publishers and public organizations. Market Research Store is the comprehensive collection of market intelligence products and services available on air. We have market research reports from number of leading publishers and update our collection daily to provide our clients with the instant online access to our database. With access to this database, our clients will be able to benefit from expert insights on global industries, products, and market trends.