Australian Liberty Alliance (ALA) has today endorsed former long time resident of the Riverina and well known advocate for water reform, Mr. Ron Pike, as their candidate for the House of Representatives seat of Farrer in southern NSW. In addition to the 20 conservative core policies of ALA, Mr. Pike will focus on repairing the damage being done to all communities across the Farrer electorate by the Murray Darling Basin (MDB) Plan, initiated by the now Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
Ron Pike and ALA plan to abolish the unworkable and counter-productive MDB Plan and will replace it with water conservation policies that will:
1. Abolish the failed Murray-Darling Basin Plan in its current form. Reform or restructure the Murray-Darling Basin Authority so it can fulfil the needs of the Australian people.
2. Incorporation of an ‘Australian Commonwealth Infrastructure Fund’ with Snowy Hydro Ltd as base asset, acting as the vehicle to fund the proposed nation-building projects.
3. Construction of new dams and reservoirs as well as the transfer of water to provide safe, sufficient and reliable water supplies for our cities and regional agricultural zones.
4. The increased use of hydro-electrical power for base load power supply, driven by generators in new dams, as part of ALA’s national energy policy.
5. The development of water grids to link up existing and new water storages of cities and regional zones as an efficient way of assuring reliable water supplies during periods of drought.
6. Construction of new dams, reservoirs and diversions to expand and create additional irrigation areas to increase food production, return job opportunities and prosperity to regional areas and advance Australia’s position as a trusted supplier of high-quality food products within the APAC region and around the world.
7. Increased recycling and reuse of waste and grey water to conserve freshwater.
Only ALA has a nation-building plan that will stop the mismanagement and return water, jobs and prosperity to our rural communities. Voters across the electorate will have the opportunity to meet with Ron Pike over the next weeks to learn more and discuss ALA's plan for prosperity.
Australian Liberty Alliance Ltd (ALA) is a national political party registered with the Australian Electoral Commission since July 2015. The organisation is headquartered in Melbourne and is forming local chapters in federal electorates across all states. Membership numbers are growing rapidly. ALA will stand candidates in the 2016 federal elections, followed by local and state elections, to coincide with the growth in membership.
Mr Ron Pike
M: 0499 799 470