The Global Cord Blood Banking Industry has matured substantially over the past few years, creating both serious threats and novel opportunities. Serious threats to the industry include:
- New accreditation requirements that have increased the cost structure of Cord Blood Banks
- A decline in cord blood transplants in 2013, within the U.S. and other geographical regions
- Low rates of turnover for stored cord blood units
- Expensive cord blood transplantation procedures, costing from $200-300K each
- Difficulty with educating obstetricians about cellular therapies
- Poor press coverage in many regions worldwide, including major news outlets
Other uncontrollable factors that could threaten the industry include: new legislation, changes in transplant reimbursement, continually evolving accreditation requirements, the potential for competitive approaches to be shown as more optimal, patent challenges for processing or transplant technologies, changes in public perception of private vs. public banking, shift in policy recommendations by influential medical organizations, and changes in government support.
Marketing pressures are also impacting the industry, with the term “cord blood” becoming one of the 20 most expensive search terms on Google, reaching more than $20 per click for global search traffic and close to $40 per click for U.S. search traffic.
Request Sample Before Buying a Report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/request-sample?rname=238729.
- The potential to expand market size through increasing public awareness
- New clinical trial data supporting applications for hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) from cord blood and mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) from cord tissue
- Improving public perception toward stem cell therapies
- Substantial deal-making within the industry, including mergers, acquisitions, and funding rounds
- The potential for cross-organizational collaboration through formation of Cord Blood Industry Associations (occurring in within U.S. and South America)
- A trend toward diversification within the industry, with cord blood banks effectively becoming stem cell banks through the storage of cord blood, cord tissue, and in some cases, placental tissue, amniotic fluid, and more
Within this rapidly evolving ecosystem, those who choose to commit to understanding current opportunities and threats will be positioned for a substantial strategic advantage
A Global Market Requires Global Understanding
While these factors vary somewhat by market, there is a substantial advantage to having a global understanding of the market. You need to understand successes and failures by region to be fully informed of your competitive environment. You need to have a firm understanding of emerging trends that could expand to new regions and impact your business model. In addition, research advances, clinical trial findings, and technology advances do not know international boundaries. They are shared nearly instantly from region-to-region.
The cord blood market is global in nature and understanding dynamics limited to your region is not sufficient for making strategic, informed, and profitable decisions.
Furthermore, cord blood banks now exist in every developed country, as well as within most developing nations. With approximately 500 cord blood banks operating worldwide, maturation of the global cord blood market means that each cord blood bank is now fighting harder for market share.
Currently, the U.S. cord blood banking industry is the most mature cord blood banking market in the world, having the:
- First company to offer cord blood storage (1995)
- Largest total number of industry participants (both public and private)
- Greatest number of cord blood units (CBU) stored
- Most cord blood units banked relative to population
However, other regions have contributed major events as well.
In 2008, a Taiwanese company, HealthBanks Biotech Company Ltd. became the first company to offer cord tissue storage; it was not until July 2010 that the first private U.S. cord blood bank began offering the service (Cord Blood Registry). Since then, the trend of cord tissue storage has had a significant impact on the cord blood banking industry, with a large percentage of cord blood banks worldwide offering the service.
In China, the government shocked the cord blood industry worldwide when it announced that only one cord blood bank would be allowed to operate within each province, and official government support, authorization, and permits would be required. While the China Cord Blood Corporation has since earned permits for three of the seven Chinese provinces (holding majority share of the Chinese cord blood market) and is now competing as one of the fastest growing cord blood banks in the world, several other providers of cord blood services disappeared when this legislation was passed.
In Italy and France, it is illegal to privately store one's cord blood, which has fully eliminated the potential for a private market to exist within the region.
In Ecuador, the government is now creating the first public cord blood bank and has instituted laws such that private cord blood banks cannot approach women about private cord blood banking options during the first six months of pregnancy. This has created a crisis for the private banks, and there are now only two remaining in Ecuador.
Clearly, it is vital to understand the market dynamics and risks, as well as the emerging opportunities within different regions of the world,
Order a Copy of this Report at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=238729.
Table of Contents
Overview of Technical & Medical Characteristics of Cord Blood
Cord Blood Market Overview
Cord Tissue Market Overview
Timeline of Key Cord Blood Industry Events
Key Processing Technologies Within Cord Blood Marketplace
Comparative Analysis of Cord Blood Market Leaders
“Swot” Analysis for Cord Blood Marketplace
Trend Rate Analysis
Cord Blood Marketing Analysis: Search Terms “Cord Blood” and “Cord Tissue”
Key Cord Blood Industry Benchmarks
Market Size Analysis
Global Analysis of Cord Blood Market Authorities
Investors and Acquisitions Impacting The Cord Blood Market
Cord Blood Industry Analysis: Geographic Regions With Shifting Conditions
Cord Blood Banking Survey: 600+ Recent & Expectant Parents (Geography: Worldwide)
Request for Discount on the Report at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/discount?rname=238729.
RnR Market Research
RnRMarketResearch.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 500,000+ market research reports from over 100+ leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. With comprehensive information about the publishers and the industries for which they publish market research reports, we help you in your purchase decision by mapping your information needs with our huge collection of reports.
Connect with Us:
G+ / Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/104156468549256253075/posts
RSS / Feeds: http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/feed
P: + 1 888 391 5441