About Enteral Nutrition
Enteral Nutrition is used for those patients who are facing problems in eating normally and also have problems on functioning of gastrointestinal tracks. This is provided to the people those facing problems with poor chronic neurological or mechanical dysphagia or with poor voluntary intake or gut dysfunction and people who are critically ill. Enteral Nutrition is also a mean of medications, nutrients, water and vitamins to enter the stomach, intestine and jejunum through various ways. Enteral Nutrition now is being used by most of the hospitals and ambulatory care plus feeding devices are being used. Children may require Enteral Feeding in case of metabolic nutrition, malnutrition and also for children with neuromuscular disorder.
Advantages of Enteral Nutrition
Following are some of the problems solved by Enteral Nutrition:
- Postoperative patients with limited oral intake
- Elective Gastrointestinal surgery
- Gastrointestinal cancer surgery
- Early post pyloric feeding
- Patient with severe pancreatitis.
Allergies and intolerances
Allergies and intolerances are common for most of the people so as it is easy to forget but it is most important to understand and avoid what the patient is avoiding in his daily oral diet. While taking these tubes some of the patients may tend to ease off on their daily food restrictions. Allergies and intolerances may cause difficulty in choice of tube feeding formula. Some basic allergies are Egg protein allergy, soy protein allergy, milk protein allergy etc.
- NG&NJ Nasoenteric feeding tubes: when the level of the nutrition support is expected to be short these types of tubes are required
- Enterostomy feeding tubes: Are mainly used when the Enteral Nutrition is needed to last up to or more than 8 weeks and it should be suitable for the patient’s body
- Gastrostomy feeding tubes: this tube is inserted directly through the abdominal wall into the stomach for long term support( more than 4 to 6 weeks)
- Jejunostomy feeding tubes: These are specialized tubes used for jejunal feeding, it is inserted into the proximal jejunm creating a tract between the jejunum and the abdominal surface
For instance: when a suture line in an injured duodenum needs protection, to reduce the danger of leak we can use these tubes.
- Oesophagostomy or Cervical pharyngostomy: This procedure is occasionally used after a head or a neck surgery, a tube is placed into the oesophagus or pharyns and down into the stomach
- Enteral feeding pumps: The use of these pumps will help precise delivery of formula at an even rate which should maximize the feeding tolerance and reduce the likely hood that the tube will block for example high fiber and energy dense formula may be easy to inject through a pump there are different types of pumps available like lightweight pumps, compact pumps etc.
- Gravity drip feeding: If an Enteral pump is unavailable gravity feeding can be used, gravity drip feeding is mainly used for maintaining a consistent feeding rate, adjustment can be made on delivering certain drops of a certain formula. This method is not precise and it is advised to check the drip rate regularly to ensure the right amount of formula is been given.
Talk to our Analyst @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/schedule_call/us-europe-enteral-nutrition-feeding-market-information-analysis-market-data-major-players-and-market-global-market-forecast-to-2023
The global Enteral Nutrition market is expected to grow at CAGR moderate CAGR from 2015 to 2023. The high growth of this market is due to the rapid growth of populations and diseases. However there are some complications such as Rise in price of the Formulas/ Nutrients, risk of feeding and medication errors which are stuck to Enteral Nutrition which may hamper the growth of the market..
During 2013 to 2015 North America was the largest market for the Enteral Nutrition market followed by the Europe and Asia Pacific. The demand for these products is growing more in the Asia Pacific because of growing population, large patient pool of chronic diseases, increasing per capita income and rapidly developing health care infrastructure.
- Abbot Laboratories
- Danone S.E
- Global Health Products Inc.
- Victus Inc.
- Nestle S.A
- Hormel food Corporation
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Mead Jhonson Nutrition Company
- Shield Health care
Every report of Market Research Future comprises of extensive primary research along with the detailed analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various industry experts, key opinion leaders to gain the deeper insight of the market and industry performance. The report gives the clear picture of current market dynamics which includes trends, drivers, and restraints, opportunities along with the macro economical and governing factors. The report also gives a comprehensive study of the different market segments and regions.
For More information
Contact us at:
Reach Us at : +1 (646) 845 9349 (US) +44 208 133 9349 (UK
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349